Williams Planets magnet fuse

By fatherttam

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Picked up a Planets couple of weeks ago. Everything is working perfect except if you score a bonus over 10k, the 4amp magnet fuse blows.
Anyone have a fix?

#2 1 year ago

Probably a bad bridge rectifier.

#3 1 year ago

Along with replacing the bridge rectifier I would change out the capacitor as well.

#4 1 year ago

It could be that the magnet overheated at some point, and is shorted. Check it with an ohm meter. I don't know what the resistance value should be, but if it's anywhere near zero, it's shot.

#5 1 year ago

what size rectifier would i need? i dont see the part # on the sheet

#6 1 year ago

Check out Marco part#112-5000-00

#7 1 year ago

sorry, i dont know enough about these. does the amp rating not matter?

#8 1 year ago

At 35amp 100.volt rating , the bridge is plenty strong enough to be used as a replacement.

#9 1 year ago

replaced the rectifier, and it's still blowing the fuse. guess its the capacitor

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from fatherttam:

replaced the rectifier, and it's still blowing the fuse. guess its the capacitor

My money's on the magnet coil.

#11 1 year ago

turns out, amazon sent the wrong fuses. everything works perfect when the fuse is actually slow blow
thanks all

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-planets-magnet-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.