Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1888 (resized).JPG
IMG_1887 (resized).JPG
20180403_161113 (resized).jpg
20180403_161335 (resized).jpg
20180403_161055 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Flipper parts are all available at PBresource.com. You want the bats with no hole. They screw from the bottom.
http://www.pbresource.com/flippers.html

Credit reels are easy to come by in the used market and I may have a spare somewhere. If not there are probably 1000s of them out there.

Other thing to note. If you use the replacement 2" flipper shafts, they have a little ledge built in and it is necessary to remove some of the top of the flipper bushing to get them into the right position. Not a big deal, but if you don't, the flippers will sit too high, and the pawl won't mount correctly on the bottom of the shaft.

#4 6 years ago

I'm thinking they should be the same. Williams did some changes with their reels in the 60s, but it was before Pit Stop came out and at least the score reels remained the same throughout the 70s.

Unfortunately that is now the newest EM I own, so I don't have anything to compare the credit reels to in person. I'm sure I probably have a spare somewhere, but my parts are now in another place where I am not at the moment

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Welcome to the Pit Stop Club. I think it’s just you, Odin and me.

That has a very lonely sound about it, but as far as pinside is concerned, probably close to true.

I personally can't think of another game I brought home that has given so many hours of enjoyment, and is non stop at keeping the competitive juices flowing. It is not rated high on any list, and rarely gets mentioned beyond the few that do own it. That being said, it isn't going anywhere, and is a crowd favorite among those that do come over to play.

#8 6 years ago

Wow that's a long time! If you'd like I can go thru my parts and see if I have a credit reel if you haven't ordered one yet.

Do you need just the reel or the whole assembly?

#10 6 years ago

I'll look for a reel when I get over there. I'm sure I should have one from that era.

I'll check your other thread, and be glad to help if I can.

#12 6 years ago

I have two spare credit reels, one early style (probably late 50s to early or mid 60s) that counts up to 47 plays, and one later that counts up to 37 plays.

They are identical except the oval where it mounts on the hub is 90 degrees different where the zero should be. The gear shaft on the older one uses allen set screws to attach the gear so it can be rotated and use either one. Not sure if the newer style which you have has that yet.

I need one as I am missing one in a machine. I've got to figure out which it is first, but whichever is left I will be willing to sell you cheap. May take a few days before I figure it out though.

#13 6 years ago

Actually the keyway on both reels is two steel discs that are riveted to the reel with two tiny rivets that can be drilled out and rotated as well as there are already extra holes in the alternate positions if need be, so either will work with a little work.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from jonknite:

Is the number spacing the same so that it would line up with the back glass window as it counts up and down?

Yes. I'll have to put both credit units next to each other and see if there is any real difference at all beside the amount of numbers on it and the position of the reel mounting. But so far they look pretty much the same.

Unlike the score reels that were totally redesigned in the mid 60s.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pitstop-flippers-and-credit-reel?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.