• Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC06724 (resized).JPG
DSC06723 (resized).JPG
DSC06722 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

If you have a late 50's early 60's Williams Baseball game below you are probably aware that PBR ran out of stock of the spring a couple of years ago and they were not viable to have remade.

I eventually found a spring manufacturer able to make the spring for an acceptable price so I ordered 100 and will sell in pairs to all that needs them. I also had the spring made a little stronger (8-10%) as these games are not as pristine inside the pitch mechanism and they need to 'pop' that ball. I fitted one to my recent Short stop restore that has a can motor and it shoots the ball out now. I can't hit it every time.

I don't think that these springs will last long so even if you may not believe you need one today you need to invest as I won't need to make these ever again. So a pack of two is $15.00 + postage. I will sent a pack or two out next week and will find out the minimum postage and update.

Suitable for all E-5613 pitching units found on the;
1958 Short Stop -#203 and #205
1959 Pinch Hitter - #217 & #221
1961 Batting Champ -#249
1962 World Series -#273 & #275
1963 Major League -#285 & #286

DSC06722 (resized).JPGDSC06722 (resized).JPG
DSC06723 (resized).JPGDSC06723 (resized).JPG
DSC06724 (resized).JPGDSC06724 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

I have a few orders and the cost of shipping is $4.00.

So two springs and shipping is $19.00.

Same price up to 12 springs shipped is $ 4.00.

My games are all ‘punchy’ now with this new spring. Seems the power in the spring does fall off a bit over time. That surprises me but maybe the original spring was on the edge performance wise.

#5 6 years ago

Welcome to Pinside. Happy you are fixing these games, that is what the threads are all about.

I had the springs formed as they are not available. When they are gone they are gone. The spring has been an issue for a bunch of us with the games from this time period. Be careful when you install the spring not to get it caught under the center cam piece when you wind the spring and all will be fine. I have seen your PM and will respond.

#6 6 years ago

All,

Thank you all for the support buying these springs up to date. Been a little busy lately but first few orders are now going out. So out of 100 springs 50% are gone already.

Keep those orders coming and I will see what else that is unobtainable that I can work on.

#8 6 years ago

I installed on my World Series and short stop. Completely changed the game play.

The shortstop has a strike feature so if you miss three balls you are struck out. Pretty cool feature.

Note I did destroy a new spring as I forgot to pin the torquing wheel to the assembly and it allowed me to over torque the spring as it raised up on the shaft.

So be careful that all is secured in place before torquing.

#10 6 years ago

Your very welcome. Won’t hurt to change the spring.

#13 6 years ago

Hi Ted, yes still have a bunch available. It's $10 to send two to Ontario area. So total $25.00. Pm me your address and I will provide PayPal instructions.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Steve -
Would my 1966 Williams 'Pitch & Bat' game use these springs? I did not see that game listed in your initial post, so just checking.
The game works fine but didn't know if new springs would improve the pitching motion.
Thanks-

No it is a different pitching unit. It is a D-6322-66. think Steve Young at PBR has the spring if it has a spring.

The Williams baseball details are listed in thread #1 for all baseball games i could get data on. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-baseball-game-motor-coils-and-bat-assembly-information#post-3147457

2 weeks later
#17 6 years ago

Bump for all baseball arcade game owners.

Springs still available.

2 months later
#19 5 years ago

Still have 15 pitching spring sets available.

Suitable for all E-5613 pitching units found on the;
1958 Short Stop -#203 and #205
1959 Pinch Hitter - #217 & #221
1961 Batting Champ -#249
1962 World Series -#273 & #275
1963 Major League -#285 & #286

4 weeks later
#20 5 years ago

I have only one of the pair of springs remaining for sale. I had a big run this last 2 weeks and am about cleaned out.

Thank you all for joining me in buying these for our baseball games, I personally will not need to have these made again.

I am happy to send after the last set is gone my fab sketch and suggest googling spring manufactures and see if they will make a limited (5 or less) run. I had 100 made to get a suitable price break for everyone. A reasonable price for 5 springs is about $100.00 from my research.

Best regards Steve J

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetcom1121:

Hi Steve,
Would you have a set of springs for my 62 Williams World Series ? If you do could I purchase a set please ? Thank you.

The springs supply is now exhausted. Thank you all for supporting this community driven effort to a part fabricated in support of keeping our games performing at the top level. I will not make these springs again in bulk but there is always the avenue (expensive) to have small numbers made. I have the sketch and can recommend spring makers but advise you find one locally if possible so can get others made.

Regards Steve J.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pitch-unit-springs-now-available?tu=steveintexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.