Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by bflojack
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC06724 (resized).JPG
DSC06723 (resized).JPG
DSC06722 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

If you have a late 50's early 60's Williams Baseball game below you are probably aware that PBR ran out of stock of the spring a couple of years ago and they were not viable to have remade.

I eventually found a spring manufacturer able to make the spring for an acceptable price so I ordered 100 and will sell in pairs to all that needs them. I also had the spring made a little stronger (8-10%) as these games are not as pristine inside the pitch mechanism and they need to 'pop' that ball. I fitted one to my recent Short stop restore that has a can motor and it shoots the ball out now. I can't hit it every time.

I don't think that these springs will last long so even if you may not believe you need one today you need to invest as I won't need to make these ever again. So a pack of two is $15.00 + postage. I will sent a pack or two out next week and will find out the minimum postage and update.

Suitable for all E-5613 pitching units found on the;
1958 Short Stop -#203 and #205
1959 Pinch Hitter - #217 & #221
1961 Batting Champ -#249
1962 World Series -#273 & #275
1963 Major League -#285 & #286

DSC06722 (resized).JPG
DSC06723 (resized).JPG
DSC06724 (resized).JPG

#2 1 year ago

Fantastic news Steve. I’m definitely in for a few and will send you a pm.

1 week later
#3 1 year ago

I have a few orders and the cost of shipping is $4.00.

So two springs and shipping is $19.00.

Same price up to 12 springs shipped is $ 4.00.

My games are all ‘punchy’ now with this new spring. Seems the power in the spring does fall off a bit over time. That surprises me but maybe the original spring was on the edge performance wise.

#4 1 year ago

Steve,

I will take a few of these springs.

I didn't even know that this site (Pinside) existed until last week and I have been thoroughly engrossed in your Pitch-and-Bat restorations. I am restoring two Williams 1962 World Series games and one 1959 Pinch Hitter that have been in storage in my parents' basement for 44 years. My father did an initial restoration on all three games years ago using some NOS parts and a large number of items he back engineered and remanufactured

I just moved these games cross-country about a year and a half ago and started getting into them last summer when I retired. I am having some Pitching Unit issues and noticed that none of my games have the same torsion spring in the Pitching Unit. My father or the previous owners changed them out with whatever they could find or had in stock. I started down the path of reproducing the spring but became stuck as I had no idea which spring (if any) was the correct part number.

#5 1 year ago

Welcome to Pinside. Happy you are fixing these games, that is what the threads are all about.

I had the springs formed as they are not available. When they are gone they are gone. The spring has been an issue for a bunch of us with the games from this time period. Be careful when you install the spring not to get it caught under the center cam piece when you wind the spring and all will be fine. I have seen your PM and will respond.

#6 1 year ago

All,

Thank you all for the support buying these springs up to date. Been a little busy lately but first few orders are now going out. So out of 100 springs 50% are gone already.

Keep those orders coming and I will see what else that is unobtainable that I can work on.

#7 1 year ago

I received the springs and put one in my Major League P&B and wow, what a difference. Very nice remake of another unobtainable part you’ve done Steve, so thank you once again.

#8 1 year ago

I installed on my World Series and short stop. Completely changed the game play.

The shortstop has a strike feature so if you miss three balls you are struck out. Pretty cool feature.

Note I did destroy a new spring as I forgot to pin the torquing wheel to the assembly and it allowed me to over torque the spring as it raised up on the shaft.

So be careful that all is secured in place before torquing.

#9 1 year ago

Steve, I received my springs on Saturday and will install one in my first World Series pitch and bat game later this week. It's spring training out here in Phoenix and I am swamped with out of town visitors. I just can't find the time to stay home and work on machines when all my guests want to go sit outside on the grass and watch a real game. There is a chance of rain this week and that will just be enough to give me time to work on this project. Once again thanks for the springs. I am certain that is the issue with this pitch and bat..

#10 1 year ago

Your very welcome. Won’t hurt to change the spring.

#11 1 year ago

Steve please email me cfh@provide.net i would like some springs too.

#12 1 year ago

Hi Steve Ted here.do you have any of these left?

#13 1 year ago

Hi Ted, yes still have a bunch available. It's $10 to send two to Ontario area. So total $25.00. Pm me your address and I will provide PayPal instructions.

#14 1 year ago

Steve -

Would my 1966 Williams 'Pitch & Bat' game use these springs? I did not see that game listed in your initial post, so just checking.

The game works fine but didn't know if new springs would improve the pitching motion.

Thanks-

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Steve -
Would my 1966 Williams 'Pitch & Bat' game use these springs? I did not see that game listed in your initial post, so just checking.
The game works fine but didn't know if new springs would improve the pitching motion.
Thanks-

No it is a different pitching unit. It is a D-6322-66. think Steve Young at PBR has the spring if it has a spring.

The Williams baseball details are listed in thread #1 for all baseball games i could get data on. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-baseball-game-motor-coils-and-bat-assembly-information#post-3147457

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

No it is a different pitching unit. It is a D-6322-66. think Steve Young at PBR has the spring if it has a spring.

Thanks - you're right. I went and looked at it on the Williams Parts Manual at Planetary pinball and it does not look like it has a spring.

2 weeks later
#17 1 year ago

Bump for all baseball arcade game owners.

Springs still available.

#18 1 year ago

Hi Steve - It's awesome for you to continue to increase the parts available for these machines. I'll take a couple of springs. I probably have your Paypal info in a message, but please PM me, and I will get the payment out later in the week with others I have to do.
Kevin

2 months later
#19 11 months ago

Still have 15 pitching spring sets available.

Suitable for all E-5613 pitching units found on the;
1958 Short Stop -#203 and #205
1959 Pinch Hitter - #217 & #221
1961 Batting Champ -#249
1962 World Series -#273 & #275
1963 Major League -#285 & #286

4 weeks later
#20 10 months ago

I have only one of the pair of springs remaining for sale. I had a big run this last 2 weeks and am about cleaned out.

Thank you all for joining me in buying these for our baseball games, I personally will not need to have these made again.

I am happy to send after the last set is gone my fab sketch and suggest googling spring manufactures and see if they will make a limited (5 or less) run. I had 100 made to get a suitable price break for everyone. A reasonable price for 5 springs is about $100.00 from my research.

Best regards Steve J

#21 10 months ago

Hi Steve,
Would you have a set of springs for my 62 Williams World Series ? If you do could I purchase a set please ? Thank you.

#22 10 months ago
Quoted from Jetcom1121:

Hi Steve,
Would you have a set of springs for my 62 Williams World Series ? If you do could I purchase a set please ? Thank you.

The springs supply is now exhausted. Thank you all for supporting this community driven effort to a part fabricated in support of keeping our games performing at the top level. I will not make these springs again in bulk but there is always the avenue (expensive) to have small numbers made. I have the sketch and can recommend spring makers but advise you find one locally if possible so can get others made.

Regards Steve J.

2 months later
#23 8 months ago

Good afternoon,

I was unfortunately late to the "spring" show. If there is anyone who has an extra spring, I could really use one. I just bought a 1963 Williams Major League machine in great condition, but the pitching mechanism needs that torsion spring. If anyone is either ordering another lot of springs or could spare an extra, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Jack

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside