(Topic ID: 123304)

Williams Pitch and Bat 2nd Player Problem

By heatwave

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Home Run Plastic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Getting the Pitch and Bat put back together that I recently picked up from Hoov. Great game.

On one player the game and all the features work perfectly. There are two problems (that might be related) and that were not present before I moved the game:

1) When you put in a quarter, the game starts up but actually subtracts credits from the credit wheel (when I played the game up at Hoov's, it would correctly add 2 credits).

2) When you have 2+ credits on the wheel and push the credit button twice for a 2-player game, the "2-can play" light comes on, but when player 1 gets 3 outs, the bases clear but then it stays on player 1 and all runs are for player 1. When I played a few games before, the 2-player setup worked fine.

I did very little adjusting of switches (and nothing to coin mechanism) so guessing something may have gotten jostled in the move.

Any help is appreciated.

PS - the game is great - adds a new dimension to my small pin collections. Thanks -

Home Run Plastic.jpgHome Run Plastic.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

Bump -

Very frustrating. Plays fine in one-player mode (although the game still subtracts credits when coining up).

Appreciate any help. I have the schematics.

Greg

4 weeks later
    #4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Good luck with yours,

Nighthawwk -

My mistake, I fixed this a few weeks ago but forgot to post it. Turns out that some of the switches on the 2nd-player relay (and a few other relays) were out of position and just barely touching. I cleaned and adjusted and voila' - everything works perfectly.

I hear you on the Jones plug issue and I had already cleaned them including a quick dip in Lime-Away to get rid of some of the oxidation.

Game is a lot of fun, particularly when playing head-to-head against someone else. The curveball on this game is wicked!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pitch-and-bat-2nd-player-problem?tu=heatwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.