4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nighthawk128
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Home Run Plastic.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Getting the Pitch and Bat put back together that I recently picked up from Hoov. Great game.

On one player the game and all the features work perfectly. There are two problems (that might be related) and that were not present before I moved the game:

1) When you put in a quarter, the game starts up but actually subtracts credits from the credit wheel (when I played the game up at Hoov's, it would correctly add 2 credits).

2) When you have 2+ credits on the wheel and push the credit button twice for a 2-player game, the "2-can play" light comes on, but when player 1 gets 3 outs, the bases clear but then it stays on player 1 and all runs are for player 1. When I played a few games before, the 2-player setup worked fine.

I did very little adjusting of switches (and nothing to coin mechanism) so guessing something may have gotten jostled in the move.

Any help is appreciated.

PS - the game is great - adds a new dimension to my small pin collections. Thanks -

Home Run Plastic.jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Bump -

Very frustrating. Plays fine in one-player mode (although the game still subtracts credits when coining up).

Appreciate any help. I have the schematics.

Greg

4 weeks later
    #3 4 years ago

I'll make a comment so you don't feel ignored! I'm working out the kinks on a 1963 Major League and am reading up on other peoples experiences. I mean if everything is where it's supposed to be how could it now work, right?

The replay unit that adds and subtracts credits, your saying if it was set for 10 plays manually, put a quarter in it (Should light up the game at that moment) it will take plays away? If you start a game does it add a credit or remove one. Almost sounds like it went to game over immediately but not if you can play it.

If it worked at the previous owners location and if the headbox was removed I'm going to suggest unplugging the molex connectors and take a wire brush to the male plugs, the female side I don't have a tool for cleaning the inside but between a wire brush and plugging and unplugging several times changes things from weird things like what your describing go away, and for me new anomalies like the target assembly lights stop working... etc.. etc. Just keep at it.

Also check the unit, Take the score assembly out of the machine, ensure the reel assemblies move freely when a coil plunger is pulled in.

Good luck with yours, mine isn't a two player so you probably have some extra relays but each coin switch has it's own relay, if any switch is too close or too far apart it changes everything.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Good luck with yours,

Nighthawwk -

My mistake, I fixed this a few weeks ago but forgot to post it. Turns out that some of the switches on the 2nd-player relay (and a few other relays) were out of position and just barely touching. I cleaned and adjusted and voila' - everything works perfectly.

I hear you on the Jones plug issue and I had already cleaned them including a quick dip in Lime-Away to get rid of some of the oxidation.

Game is a lot of fun, particularly when playing head-to-head against someone else. The curveball on this game is wicked!

#5 4 years ago

Wonderful!! I'm going to stop trolling pinside and get back to working on mine.. i want to play sooo bad now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 38.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 10.95
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 16.95
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside