(Topic ID: 234258)

Williams Pit Stop scoring reel issue

By gottliebgameroom

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So this was a while ago and I can't find the pictures but I had been thinking about this machine that I went to see. It is a Williams Pit Stop, the guy is asking $400 and I got it down to 350. The backglass is awesome and everything else is good but dusty. The problem is when you start a game (it's on free play - interestingly, the coin slots were in Deutschmarks) there are multiple relays that spark and do not work. Two in the cabinet and three in the head. The ones in the head are causing the score reels to try to move but stay where they are. It just keeps making the click-click-click noise and does not do anything. Is this an easy fix?

#2 5 years ago

I'll post pictures if I can find them.

#3 5 years ago

Could be as simple as properly cleaning and lubricating the score wheels mechanisms. Very common.

#4 5 years ago

You can manually rotate each score reel by pushing in and releasing the solenoid plunger with your finger for each score reel assembly. They should smoothly move and click to the next number position. If not, each score reel assembly will need to be disassembled, cleaned and then reassembled...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pit-stop-scoring-reel-issue?hl=nomo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.