• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4512 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_4512 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Just firing up a Pinbot after it was stored for some time. This is what is happens upon startup. The left upper kicker keeps firing. What should I look for?

#2 4 years ago

Stuck switch for the saucer?

Check the switch test to see.

#3 4 years ago

Not the switch, as I disconnected one side of it and the kicker still fires.

#4 4 years ago

pull the switch connector on the mpu and try it. This will tell you if it's board or playfield. I suspect it's playfield since this is a controlled eject and not a locked on coil.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

pull the switch connector on the mpu and try it. This will tell you if it's board or playfield. I suspect it's playfield since this is a controlled eject and not a locked on coil.

Would you know what connector position that is? Sorry, EM guy here.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Would you know what connector position that is? Sorry, EM guy here.

1J8 and 1J10

#7 4 years ago

Got it. Checking it now.

#8 4 years ago

OK, so with both unplugged at the same time or either one individually, the kicker does NOT kick. With both J8 & J10 plugged in, it constantly keeps kicking.

#9 4 years ago

plug them back in, take the balls out and go into switch test. What's reporting? Could be you have a bad diode and it's giving a phantom report for that saucer

#10 4 years ago

OK, I ran the diagnostic test and came back with no errors. I ran the complete series of tests as well as the Auto-Burn In. I also unplugged J8 and J10, and placed a jumper across J10-9 & J8-4 and the display showed the left eject position. So I can rule out the CPU I guess.

By looking at the Switch Matrix Table, the J10 Wht/Br is common to 5 other switches. The J8 Grn/Yel is common to 7 switches.

Would one of these switches or diodes affect the left eject kicker?

IMG_4512 (resized).jpgIMG_4512 (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

Is there 2 balls installed in the trough? Are those switches working?

#12 4 years ago

The circled switches are not working. So with wiring continuity, are the switches wired in series as shown in each row and column?

IMG_4512 copy (resized).jpgIMG_4512 copy (resized).jpg
#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

So with wiring continuity, are the switches wired in series as shown in each row and column?

They are wired in series but they may not be in the same order as listed in the manual. They are wired so the manufacture can save wire.

#14 4 years ago

Test Q48 with dmm set to diode function first, should read between .400- .700, if less than .4 or .400 it's bad, then test the others, the reason I suggest Q48 is because you have an entire row out, Q48 is the only one with more than one switch not working, then also test the pre drivers (smaller transistors) then report findings here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pinbot-start-up-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.