1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Cycloneman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Really hope someone can help. I have a Pinbot that works completely fine other than all displays, including player and match displays, blink/flash/pulse very quickly. The diagnostics LED does the same and appears to be at the same rate. I replaced all of the electrolytic capacitors on the power supply. This made the displays brighter but the blinking/flashing continues. I really feel like this is a power supply problem but am not certain. R1 and R4 appear to be good although they also look like they were replaced prior to me purchasing the game nearly 20 years ago.

Any thoughts? Has anyone seen this problem? I can get a get a replacement power supply for $115 from www.pinballPCB.com but want to make sure this is the problem before I do.

#2 1 year ago

Well, I've since confirmed it is the power supply - specifically the negative 100 volt supply. I'm getting 99.2V on the positive but a max of about -41 on the negative side and it constantly fluctuates - likely causing the displays to do the same. Caps are new so I'm down to R1 or the zenor diodes or transistor. Any thoughts where to look first?

#3 1 year ago

please in very small detail type one thing at a time,it would be much easier step by step.
    what is the game/display doing?

#4 1 year ago

Displays are pulsing on/off

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from donh:

Well, I've since confirmed it is the power supply - specifically the negative 100 volt supply. I'm getting 99.2V on the positive but a max of about -41 on the negative side and it constantly fluctuates - likely causing the displays to do the same. Caps are new so I'm down to R1 or the zenor diodes or transistor. Any thoughts where to look first?

how are the connectors on the boards?are they in good shape?not burnt,brownish color,cracked,ect. do the header pins need a reflow of solder?

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from donh:

- specifically the negative 100 volt supply. I'm getting 99.2V on the positive but a max of about -41 on the negative side and it constantly fluctuates - likely causing the displays to do the same.

there has to be +100 and -100 volts for the score displays to light up properly

#7 1 year ago

I'd aim for transistor or zener diode. Resistors are usually good and don't do weird stuff like this when they fail. My bet's the transistor.

#8 1 year ago

But I don't know why this would make the diagnostic light go on and off. That's weird.

#9 1 year ago

Diagnostics led is supposed to flash when the CPU is working correctly.

#10 1 year ago

Oh, it's the diagnostics LED? Thought it was blanking for some reason. Reading comprehension fail. Edit: I even wrote diagnostic in my post, but my brain was thinking blanking. Wow.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Oh, it's the diagnostics LED? Thought it was blanking for some reason. Reading comprehension fail. Edit: I even wrote diagnostic in my post, but my brain was thinking blanking. Wow.

its alright we are all getting old...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 142.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 239.00
    $ 339.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 18.95
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside