You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture1 (resized).png
20190316_013355.jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi

I cant get my Williams Pat Hand from -75 started.
I press the credit/button and the reset starts, when all other players score is zero it continues to count up the nr 1 players acore to 1270 and then the "game over" lights up. sometimes it continue to count up nr 1 players score continuesly until I turn it off by main switch.
Anyone have any idea where to start looking for whats wrong?

20190316_013355.jpg20190316_013355.jpg
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Nicseh:

I press the credit/button and the reset starts, when all other players score is zero it continues to count up the nr 1 players acore to 1270 and then the "game over" lights up. sometimes it continue to count up nr 1 players score continuesly until I turn it off by main switch.

Is it only the 10s that are counting up? If so, check for stuck PF switches.

and what do you mean by "nr"?

#4 5 years ago

I mean 1st player with nr 1 player, as shown in the pic

#5 5 years ago

yes, the 10s is counting up and usually stops at 1270 points and game over lights up.

#6 5 years ago

Now I have checked everything I can and also cleaned up all coils and mechanics.

Now when I start it behaves different.

its stuck on 3players and the game plays all 5 balls for all 3 players by itself at start up and ends with game over

Any ideas what I can check now?

I have a vidoe of the above procedure if it can help

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Nicseh:

I have a vidoe of the above procedure if it can help

Please do.

#8 5 years ago

Check the 4 switches circled. The left bottom one is score motor 4D, in case it's not clear.

Capture1 (resized).pngCapture1 (resized).png
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Nicseh:

game plays all 5 balls for all 3 players by itself at start up

Does the Coin Unit solenoid reset when the game starts?

#10 5 years ago

1st scenario https://photos.app.goo.gl/LaDagEBsS7sDdvSC7
present scenario https://photos.app.goo.gl/WUqDEBtUfVh3aPhr6

I will check the Coin Unit solenoid as soon as possible, and also the 4 switches circled by currieddog. thanks!

#11 5 years ago

Hi again

I found a target switch stucked, fixed it and now it stopped counting and reset all players to zero.
It started good for a short time, except that I could only use the game with 2 3 or 4 players. number 1 player never lighted up.

Now I cannot start the game.
Inserts a coin and the game over light is still on and a loud buzz from the "knocker" starts.
Presses start button and the buzz stops but the game over lamp is still on.
Any ideas where to start checking now?

#12 5 years ago

The player/player up unit seems to not be fully resetting. Repair the mechanical bind/ gummed up unit.

#14 5 years ago

Hi Nicseh
Your post-11 - insert a coin and a loud buzz from the Knocker --- only let this happen for a couple of seconds, then toggle-off the pin and let the coil of the Knocker cool off.
I look at the picture in Your post-1 --- the Replay-Counter shows some 33, 35, 37 Replays - Your Replay-counter is stepped up to the Maximum --- the Switch that shall open in Max-Position does not open in Your pin - the plunger on the Counter travels - but not travels back so does not (re) open a switch - the Knocker buzzes.
Toggle-off the pin and unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) --- manually step down the Replay-Counter to some 3,4,5 Replays - then plug-in, toggle-on - throw in a coin - what is the Replay-Counter doing ? what is the 25-Cent-Relay doing ? Greetings Rolf

1 week later
#15 5 years ago

The game over relay behind the score motor needed major adjustment. The player/player up unit aswell.
Now it works all fine again, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pinball-reset-sequence?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.