(Topic ID: 237523)

Williams Phoenix Going into game over mode in middle of game

By Fordiesel69

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fordiesel69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I noticed the game has done this since the day I got it. Recently a whole bunch of switches went dead so I replaced both 7406 chips and that fixed my switch issue. However the game will still crash to game over mode for no reason in the middle of a game. It does jot always do it, but it does it enough that it is becoming annoying.

On a side note, I did the chip twist test and cannot replicate the issue.

#3 5 years ago

The game is almost unplayable now it either picks game over mode or pics tilt mode. No consistency and no real specific switch causes it other than the fact that the flippers will never cause it. Since installing two tested and working 7406 chips it seems to be much worse now

#5 5 years ago

So I installed the driver board in my flash to see if it was a game or board problem. It is a driver board problem. How can I test the capacitors on the driber board? I shot gunned in two new 7406 chips with sips and that fixed the dead switches but now it goes crazy. All kinds of phantom detections. I'm going to shot gun in two new 4049s next but what else should I be looking at.

#6 5 years ago

Guys does anyone know anything further on this really need to get this machine wrapped up. I replace the 7406 and the 4049 S I used sips so I could make sure that both sides got soldered perfectly no change the switch Matrix is still wacky and has all kinds of phantom switch detections in both of my Flash and Phoenix machines

#9 5 years ago

UPDATE:

It was an issue with my flash pinball machine I was using for testing. It decided to blow a solenoid fuse and when that happens the switch matrix goes wacky.

Anyways I got the original phoenix driver board back in its game, with new 4049 and 7406 chips and SIPP sockets that I verified are perfectly soldered. I buzzed tested them all. It is still slam tilting and going to game over for no reason. A visual check of the switches show nothing.

Really need help. My yearly tournament is APRIL 6th. Same day as ohio show.

#10 5 years ago

Anyone else?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fordiesel69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-phoenix-going-into-game-over-mode-in-middle-of-game?tu=Fordiesel69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.