3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gorebash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

83982_20190329 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Hi Guys just ordered a set of protectors for my Phoenix and need the spacers/hardware to mount them, has any one done this on theirs, just looking for advice or some good pics. Thanks Gerald

#2 3 years ago

Nobody has any bell spacers left in stock, so you have to reuse the old ones.

File the top of the "rivet" on the original, wiggle it out of the old return guide

Put it in the new guide (after you have polished both the guide and the bell), use a nail set to expand it slightly, so it stays connected to the guide

Here is how to do it on Plastics, same idea.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-amp-installing-bell-posts-on-new-plastics-vid-s-guide

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Nobody has any bell spacers left in stock, so you have to reuse the old ones.
    File the top of the "rivet" on the original, wiggle it out of the old return guide
    Put it in the new guide (after you have polished both the guide and the bell), use a nail set to expand it slightly, so it stays connected to the guide
    Here is how to do it on Plastics, same idea.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-amp-installing-bell-posts-on-new-plastics-vid-s-guide

Hey Vid my Phoenix just has wire ball guides that I am replacing.

#4 3 years ago

In a pinch I got some half inch plastic standoffs from home depot and used those to support the new guides on one of my games. I'm getting a bit of paint lifting under them though, so I'd suggest some mylar or something just in case

#5 3 years ago

I've seen 1/2" black plastic standoff posts, the ones that snap into the metal lane guides on later Williams games like Terminator, used in place of those metal bell spacers. Added plus is that they won't dig into your playfield the way that the bottom of the bell spacers do. I plan to use them in place of the bell spacers when I swap in my Centaur CPR playfield.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks for the help guys!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-phoenix-cliffy-s-flipper-guides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.