Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

So I rebuilt all the flippers on my Pharaoh pinball machine. Now the upper flippers machine gun and act as if they are to weak to hold open the eos switch. So I have 36 vdc on all 3 lugs of all 4 coils. When I push the flipper button and hold it the volts go down to about 22+ to 23 vdc on 2 lugs of each coil. I have also installed new flipper cabinet switches, as I was thinking that may be the issue. If I bend the oes switch to wear it does not open the upper flippers have full power and no issues. When I put the eos switch back and set it at about 1/8 when it opens it acts as if the coil is to weak to hold open the leaf switch and it will start making contact the the other side of leaf switch and then start to machine gun. I tried moving coils and that did nothing. I did not have this problem before the rebuild. I installed everything that comes with flipper rebuild kits. Anyone have any thoughts?

#2 3 years ago

It's possible you have a broken wire on the hold winding of flipper coil

#3 3 years ago

I flipped coils around also from the lower to upper and still had the issues. I am wondering if it has to do with power supply?

#4 3 years ago

anyone else have any thoughts?

#5 3 years ago

Post a few pics of the flipper(s) in question. Maybe something was assembled improperly or possibly mis-wired?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pharaoh-upper-flipper-issue-system-7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.