(Topic ID: 154937)

Williams Pharaoh Dare you enter to tomb of the mighty Pharaoh!

By dementedwarlok

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by Pauz21
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
markup_1000008130 (3).png
20230803_143208 (resized).jpg
20220720_185038 (resized).jpg
20220628_125204 (resized).jpg
20220627_231806 (resized).jpg
20220629_002127 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0010 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0000 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0001 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0012 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0003 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0002 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 2 years ago

Picked up a Pharaoh and a Black Hole about 2 weeks ago. I’m surprised how much I’m enjoying the Pharaoh. It's the first time I've played a game with Magna-save and it soooo cool. The playfield has some wear and minor planking that does not affect the play any. The wear actually looks pretty cool and matches the motif lol. I have a playfield protector arriving soon so I can prevent further wear, and also the inserts do have some wear that does affect the ball travel some. I think the protector is going to make it look and play so much better, I am super excited to install it. Also currently doing a flipper rebuild using Vid's guide.

Looks like someone had put cool white led's in it. I switched to warm whites in the GI and it looks so much better. It is brighter, but looks like incandescents. I need to change the whites in the inserts now, too.

#131 2 years ago

Here is a good pic showing the difference in brightness and color of the warm whites. I did light all of the posts in the 2 slingshot sections to brighten up more of the lower playfield.

Cool white on the upper playfield and warm white on the lower (obviously lol)

20220222_182956 (resized).jpg20220222_182956 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickson:

what on do you think looks better? I'm liking the warm.

Warm whites look WAY better. I have sinced changed the upper playfield, too. Now just the inserts have cool whites, and now those look even more off with the playfield done in warm white.

1 month later
#137 1 year ago

Pretty interesting Pharaoh concept art backglass ebay.com link: itm
I paid $645 less for my actual machine then the (lowered) asking price lol

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#141 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

I've joined the club....is this a playfield where I should put a hardtop down? Wear around almost every insert, some minor planking....what do you think? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I threw a playfield protector on mine so the playfield wouldn’t take on anymore damage. Plays great now. The protector also prevents ball trajectory changes due to insert cupping. After installing all new flipper mechs/brackets and installing the protector, the machine plays much better than when I first got it.

3 weeks later
#144 1 year ago

Looks great!

Sorry the protector didn’t work out for you. Mine isn’t slow at all. Before I ordered mine I had read about people saying it slowed their game down, but I didn’t experience this. Of course I have all new rubber, all 4 rebuilt/upgraded flippers, new balls, and a good incline. Protector worked so well I ordered one to install on my Pinbot once I remove the old mylar.

10 months later
#149 11 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:Joined the club yesterday! Or should I say I kinda did because technically it was my wife who did...
This past weekend was the Golden State Pinball Festival. Great festival run by even greater people.
Friday I spent almost the whole day playing in the match play tournament. Saturday my wife came later in the day and she brought a friend with her and they played while I volunteered some for the festival and played in the main tournament. Saturday night once we were home she's telling me about this game she had played that she really enjoyed called Pharaoh. I'd never heard of it before but in my defense I feel like I'm still kinda new to the hobby (got my first game in 2005, but went both feet into the hobby during covid like many others). She's telling me about how she liked it so much because of the artwork and the upper playfield.
So yesterday we're back at the festival and I ask her again about Pharaoh and where the game is. We look over and there it is turned off, not working, looking sad. So I don't even bother to check it out much. Short while later we're in another building of the festival and she mentions that there's another Pharaoh against the back wall, so we go over to check it out. This one is turned on, plays well, and looks to be in good condition. So we play a couple games and then notice that it's tagged as being for sale. I take a picture of the phone number just in case she is interested that we buy it. So then I ask a couple friends if they're familiar with the game and if it's suitable maintenance wise for a relative noob like myself. In mentioning it they say, you know our mutual friend has one for sale right??? Turns out the one we saw for sale was in fact being sold by a friend of ours and we hadn't realized he was selling one. It seemed meant to be so we shook hands and now it's sitting in the garage waiting to be moved upstairs next weekend. Best part is she insisted that she wants this to be her game that she paid for with her money. So now I can consider myself one of those lucky guys who's wife buys pinball machines as well!!!
Will post some photos once we get her up and running.

Did she find out about the magna save? No one that ever plays mine notices it or realizes what it does. Magna save is awesome and is the reason I bought mine. Hope to pick up a Grand Lizard and Black Knight eventually.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pharaoh-dare-you-enter-to-tomb-of-the-mighty-pharaoh?tu=romm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.