(Topic ID: 154937)

Williams Pharaoh Dare you enter to tomb of the mighty Pharaoh!

By dementedwarlok

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by Pauz21
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
markup_1000008130 (3).png
20230803_143208 (resized).jpg
20220720_185038 (resized).jpg
20220628_125204 (resized).jpg
20220627_231806 (resized).jpg
20220629_002127 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0010 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0000 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0001 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0012 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0003 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220317-WA0002 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scrimmbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 3 years ago

Unexpectedly joined the Pharaoh club today. Long story short this older fellow had one in his basement, and he just wanted it gone. I went in blind expecting a pretty worn out table, and wow, it is actually in pretty good shape. Electronically it needs a lot of work, leaky batteries, botched wiring fix on the GI power, but damn, the backglass is almost flawless. Playfield is okay, no raw spots but the inserts are sort of raised in a lot of places.

20200611_184940 (resized).jpg20200611_184940 (resized).jpg20200611_184955 (resized).jpg20200611_184955 (resized).jpg
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Have you found the hidden female bodys in the backglass?

lol, no I have not. Will have to take a closer look! I'm wondering if there is some measure I could take to ensure the backglass stays this nice. I think it's usually excessive heat that causes flaking, I plan on switching to led's not sure if that will be enough though.

#53 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice! I was leaning that way just because I'd hate to mess it up. Also I can't seem to find any hidden tiddies on the backglass

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

And thats just one. There are more.

haha okay, I did notice that the horses nose looked a bit like a butt, but I didn't get the full image!

#58 3 years ago

So, I ordered a bunch of parts for the circuit boards and in the meantime I've been examining the playfield. Damn near all of the inserts are cupped or sunken pretty dramatically. My plan is to use one of the several methods listed on this site to level out the inserts, and then afterwards use a playfield protector. Does this make sense? Does it pay to level out the inserts if I'm going to use a playfield protector?

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

I am selling an unused playfield protector for a Pharaoh. $80 obo.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84946[quoted image]

hey did you end up selling that playfield protector?

3 weeks later
#64 3 years ago

Pharaoh lives! After several weeks of toying with it I finally decided to turn on my Pharaoh. Still some switch issues and GI issues on the upper portion. I'll get to them but I wanted to get it up and running because my sisters kids came over for a while today. They liked it a little better than Fire! because they can actually get the multiball pretty easily. The question I have for you all, is what is the sound supposed to be when the stop and score is counting down? Mine kind of just sounds like this stacticy almost white noisey sound. All the other sounds appear to be working. IDK, it might be right.

Pharaoh (resized).jpgPharaoh (resized).jpg
#66 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

scrimmbo, its kinda hard to tell. I think your sound is normal. If you give me a couple of days - a week or two I can film my Pharaoh during the sequence you need to find out about that.

Thanks man, but I think there's a handful of gameplay videos I can look at when I have time. Seems weird to me that one sound effect would be off, and the SE here seem pretty primative as it is.

4 weeks later
#69 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

scrimmbo Did you find out about it? Sorry to say, I've been busy with other stuff, but my Pharaoh is setup now, so I can check this weekend if you like.

The sound is correct, was able to confirm with some different videos I found on youtube. I did find one more naked lady in the backglass too

4 months later
#79 3 years ago
Quoted from shazam78:

Has anyone had problems with their upper flippers after rebuilding them? They act as if they are too weak to keep the eos switch open.

I had issues all around when I rebuilt the flippers. What I found is that the new return springs were much stronger than the originals, when I put the old springs back on they worked like a charm.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from shazam78:

Yeah I tried the the old springs, but that didn't seem to help either.

Yeah, the problem I had was that when the eos would open the coil didn't have the strength to keep the plunger down under pressure of the new springs, which would cause it to kind of machine gun the flipper. Is that whats happening for you?

1 week later
#85 3 years ago
Quoted from shazam78:

Yep thats about right. The coil pulls plunger in and then it starts to let it go and the contacts touch.

Have you checked that the hold voltage is present to the coil?

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

One of my drop banks isn’t always registering correctly. When I took a look there is a resistor on a switch vs a diode. I noticed that a number of the sockets have resistors vs diodes, but this doesn’t seem correct. ?[quoted image]

Which one has a resistor? the top one, I can't really see.

3 weeks later
#96 3 years ago
Quoted from shazam78:

What should the hold voltage be at?

ya know, looking at the pictures above I think I was wrong about there being a separate hold voltage. It looks like it's still 50v but when the EOS opens it is only powering half the coil.

1 month later
#97 3 years ago

Hi, would one of you be willing to take a picture of the upper playfield light relay? I finally got a replacement for mine which was broken internally. In the meantime I capped the wires together so that the upper playfield gi is always on, and now I can't remember which wires go where.

1 week later
#99 3 years ago

Here is a picture of where the relay I'm looking for a picture of belongs. When I first got the pharaoh I removed the relay and shorted together the wires so that the lights would always stay on. Pretty sure I took a picture of it at the time, but I've switched phones and don't think the picture got saved! If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it, but I have a bunch of other work to do in the meantime, so no hurry!

20210410_182321 (resized).jpg20210410_182321 (resized).jpg
#101 3 years ago

got pictures from @topkat. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scrimmbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pharaoh-dare-you-enter-to-tomb-of-the-mighty-pharaoh?tu=Scrimmbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.