Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by charliex
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a Williams Pharaoh that I recently aquired. When I received it, the remote battery holder was already looking acid damaged and the batteries were dead. I replaced the holder and the new batteries died in a few days. Anyhow, the batteries die very quickly. I'd appreciate advice on troubleshooting this issue. I already replaced the blocking diode thinking that would be the easy fix.

Thanks!

JR

#2 9 years ago

The blocking diode D17 is to prevent batteries from being charged.

If you put in fresh batteries and have the machine "OFF" try measuring voltage on IC 18 the large pia 6820/21 pin 20 Vcc and pin 1 gnd. You should have no voltage. You should have no voltage on any of the IC(s) except IC 19 the 5101cmos ram chip that holds the bookkeeping info. If you do have voltage on other ICs something is bad causing the entire board to be getting voltage which would quickly drain the batteries.

#3 9 years ago

I'll report back tomorrow once I test everything. Thanks

#4 9 years ago

Question,

If I were to just replace the 5101 with an nvram, do you think that would just take care of it without troubleshooting the problem?

JR

#5 9 years ago

I would have to say yes as the NV option needs no backup power. Not my way of thinking but yeah.

#6 9 years ago

I'm going to try that. I'll let you know.

#7 9 years ago

Issue resolved. I just replaced the 5101 with an NVRAM and all is well. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pharaoh-battery-drain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.