20211229_152045 (resized).jpg
20171217_204106 (resized).jpg
20171217_204052 (resized).jpg
20171115_131006 (resized).jpg
20171109_192931 (resized).jpg
20171026_170636 (resized).jpg
20171025_201500 (resized).jpg
20171026_170631 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDOHIO67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

I have a working Pennant Fever and if I can assist you in any way, I will. I guess I was lucky on my machine when I got it working again over 10 years ago. Most of the issues were mechanical, cabinet, fuses and of course the light connectors. I did replace the connectors for the lights and that has helped tremendously, if you still need a source, let me know and I will look through my files for the company. My bat assembly was mechanically a mess and I was able to outsource many of the parts and was able to fix it. As far as the rheostat, I think they are still available if you search the internet. Anyway, let me know if you need any photos, part numbers, etc.

#5 6 years ago

In regard to the pitching: I am trying to diagnose the speed of the pitches and if they can be changed or is something wrong. I started researching this light after I just completed an old EM Williams pitch and bat and the velocity of the pitches are significant compared to those of my Pennant Fever.

My fast and slow speeds are almost identical with the velocity and the only major difference is the fast pitch does go all over the place while the change up is pretty accurate. I know the alignment of the ball holders is very important and I found that out on the EM machine. Note: Even with that game, the fast pitch is not as accurate but not to the extreme as the Pennant Fever.

Question for you? Are the velocities of your pitches noticeable in regard to your fast ball vs change up?

I will keep you posted on what I find out as I try to fine tune the pitching mechanism.

#7 6 years ago

John,

I have a question on your pitching mechanics? When reviewing the operation of my pitch motor unit, I noticed the change up armature when released has no resistance to it and freely spins. When manually checking yours, does it give you resistance when moving it? I did find around 1/16" play in the entire assembly attached to the main shaft. When I manually push the system to the left, the change up armature gives me some resistance and this may slow the pitch down? It appears my fast ball is working and it is the change up armature that is not slowing it down. You mentioned a break but I am unable to locate anything like that.

Would it be possible to get a few complete photos of your motor assembly including wiring to the switches to match against mine?

See my attached photos for details on my questions.

20171217_204052 (resized).jpg20171217_204052 (resized).jpg

20171217_204106 (resized).jpg20171217_204106 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDOHIO67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pennant-fever-repair-questions-1?tu=SDOHIO67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.