Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1268 (resized).JPG
IMG_1271 (resized).JPG
IMG_1270 (resized).JPG
IMG_1269 (resized).JPG
IMG_1272 (resized).JPG
IMG_1266 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverBallKid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi Guys,

So, I picked up a Williams Pat Hand on Friday night. I paid $300 for it, mostly because it was in really good cosmetic shape for its age. I didn't get nearly this lucky with the other EM I have. Got it moved in Friday night and hit the sack without doing much. Then I had a huge day at work yesterday and there was no time to do anything with the new table. This morning I finally started to assess what I have on my hands. I knew when buying it that it didn't work correctly, but I think it's time to try to really learn the ins and outs of repairing one of these.

That being said, there is A LOT wrong with this game. Here's a list of the stuff I know about at this point:

*Ball Count Stepper does not advance.
*Previous owner told me that the Player Count Stepper does not work. I can't be sure because I can't get it to advance a ball to get to that point in the operation sequence.
*Bonus does not score when ball drains. Stepper steps back down but no scores are rang up.
*Flippers are really bad. I mean REALLY bad.
*1,000 point chime does not work.
*Bonus unit does not advance through the steps. Meaning that when all five rollovers on the pf are tripped, bonus does not cycle through the different awards (double bonus, pops lit, special).

I'm sure there's more that I am going to come across, but that gives you an idea.

Look, swapping out light sockets and rebuilding flippers are a breeze and I'm not worried about them. I've done these things before and I can do them without worrying. I have taken stepper units apart, cleaned them and put them back together again. Same with score reels. I guess what I am wondering as I start the process of getting this machine to work is:

For those of you who work on EMs a lot, when you get one like this and there are so many issues, how do you attack the problems? Do you just pick an issue and get after it or do you follow a sequence? I'm just curious to hear what you guys think.

Cheers,

Tim in Motown

IMG_1266 (resized).JPGIMG_1266 (resized).JPG

IMG_1272 (resized).JPGIMG_1272 (resized).JPG

IMG_1269 (resized).JPGIMG_1269 (resized).JPG

IMG_1270 (resized).JPGIMG_1270 (resized).JPG

IMG_1271 (resized).JPGIMG_1271 (resized).JPG

IMG_1268 (resized).JPGIMG_1268 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

Thanks guys, for your input. Following your advice, I just spent from Sunday to today on my free time cleaning and adjusting.

Sure enough, once I had torn the player stepper unit apart, cleaned it, put it back together and adjusted the switches and springs on it, most of the game worked correctly. It is now just a matter of dialing in a few more trouble spots, rebuilding the flippers and then seeing where I am at with fine tuning from that point. If I have any specific issues once I get to there, I will post for help if needed.

Thanks, as always! Tonight I will tear down the pf and give it a good cleaning with naptha and then hit it with wax. For whatever reason, this is something I never get sick of doing. I love seeing the difference once the pf is cleaned and waxed.

Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverBallKid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pat-hand-where-to-start?tu=SilverBallKid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.