(Topic ID: 233322)

Williams Pat Hand - When "Nothing" Works...

By SilverBallKid

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverBallKid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

OK guys I am totally embarrassed to admit this, but...

I had some pals over the other night to play my tables. There was a light out on Pat Hand. A buddy who owns a table asked if he could pull the glass and open PH up to change the light, as I was in the middle of a multiball on F2K. I said yes. Then, he changed the light... and promptly lost grip and dropped the playfield from (apparently - OBVIOUSLY) somewhere from the "service position" continuum. It crashed back down onto the cabinet.

Yeah, I know, I should NEVER have let anyone other than me do anything. Ugh...

Anyway, I could have dropped it too, I suppose. Bottom line is, the game does not work now. I am a little freaked out as I have never had anything like this happen with any of my 4 tables (2 EM, 1 SS, 1 DMD). So here is what I can tell you. I almost want to just call in for a repair as I am up to my you-know-what between work and a home improvement project (ah, marriage...) but I thought I would see where Pinside got me first.

Game is rigged for FREE PLAY.

OK Here are the details:
1. Start button does not work, although there are credits on the machine and there appears to be continuity at the switch.
2. I can get the game to start with no issues if raise the pf and I manually trip the coin relay. It will go through the start up sequence properly and the outhole kicker will fire to serve a ball. Bonus stepper cycles, kicks to 1,000 and rests as it should. All of it. All feature lights come on. All of it.
3. At this point, nothing "in game" works. No playfield switches, no pops, no flippers, no rollover switches, no stand up targets, nothing.
4. If I manually trip any score relay in the back (all 3 work: 10, 100 and 1,000) or do anything to trip the tilt relay and then manually operate the outhole switch, it will cycle the player stepper like normal and will do so for 1, 2, 3, and 4 player games. I can move through all five balls of a game this way with no issues.

I am guessing this is 2 separate issues here, #1 above being one and 2-4 being another.

Any thoughts? I am probably over-nervous because of the "dropping of the playfield trauma" portion of this situation, but it really makes me nervous.

Thanks in advance for all insight.

Tim in Motown

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverBallKid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pat-hand-when-nothing-works?tu=SilverBallKid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.