You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Palooka-Work-2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161204_143511 (resized).jpg
0Palooka-Work-1 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

When I roll over the two rollover switch's at the top they are meant to light the two red pop bumper for ten points but they light for just a second they don't stay lit like they are meant too any idea on what it could be or what relay it might be

#2 7 years ago

Hi.
Don't have that pin, but think if you raise the play field, start a game, or start game first, close that roll over, and watch under the play field, you shud see what relay fires. that would prob be the culpret???
would suspect a dirty, mis adjusted switch for the lights.

#3 7 years ago

Hi malachi88
great, ipdb has the schematics: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1743 - I show "marked green" the INITIAL-Current wiring - it works in Your pin.
Dr_of_Style suggested to look (underneathside of playfield (?) ) for the On-Bumper-Relay.
When You press the armature of this relay: The Bumpers are lit.
A short wire runs from the "Coil on On-Bumper-Relay" to a "Switch mounted on the relay (my blue 'A' " - then a wire runs to "Through Switch (my blue 'B', probably under the Apron whre the Ball rolls over to the Shooter-Alley (?) )" - then a wire runs to "Switch on Game-Over-Relay, my blue 'C' ".

A Switch may be maladjusted - a contact-point may be oxidated - a wire may have broken-off somewhere (?) - greetings Rolf

0Palooka-Work-1 (resized).jpg0Palooka-Work-1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4 7 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi malachi88
great, ipdb has the schematics: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1743 - I show "marked green" the INITIAL-Current wiring - it works in Your pin.
Dr_of_Style suggested to look (underneathside of playfield (?) ) for the On-Bumper-Relay.
When You press the armature of this relay: The Bumpers are lit.
A short wire runs from the "Coil on On-Bumper-Relay" to a "Switch mounted on the relay (my blue 'A' " - then a wire runs to "Through Switch (my blue 'B', probably under the Apron whre the Ball rolls over to the Shooter-Alley (?) )" - then a wire runs to "Switch on Game-Over-Relay, my blue 'C' ".
A Switch may be maladjusted - a contact-point may be oxidated - a wire may have broken-off somewhere (?) - greetings Rolf

i think its the through switch (B) i took a picture of it its the one on the left tell me if it looks normal

IMG_20161204_143511 (resized).jpgIMG_20161204_143511 (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

I believe that switch should be normally closed.

#6 7 years ago

Hi malachi88
I do have problems understanding - post-4, pic-2 --- what it is for ? The Switches in pic-1 look strange - when mounted: Are they part of a Switch-Stack ?
I have never seen an WILLIAMS "Through Switch" - I am not familiar With "Add-A-Ball" pins.
I show a Gottlieb (Surf Champ) Through-Switch - YOUR Through-Switch is an 3-bladed "Make-and-Brake-Switch***, has soldered-on on the MIDDLE-Blade: Wire-color-93-grey-yellow, Out-blade-1: Wire-color-12-1-red-blue, Out-blade-2: wire-color-89-1-black-grey.

Make-and-Brake-Switch*** - very strange - see post-3, JPG - the "blue B" and a bit below a bit to the right: "Through Switch" --- in the schematics (Palooka) they have the symbol for "3-bladed Make-and-Brake-Switch" --- maybe (maybe, maybe) You have stapled TWO Switches - an 2-bladed Normally-Closed-Switch and an 2-bladed Normally-Open-Switch ???

In the schematics I see: Functionality-1 - when a new ball is given: Turn-off the On-Bumper-Relay. Functionality-2 - when a new ball is given: Turn-off the Tilt.

So the Through-SwitchES sit in the Shooter-Alley or the "gate where the new ball enters the playfield" or UNDER the apron - so take away the apron and look. Here: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1743&picno=1698 - the white metal on the bottom of the pic is the apron.

Please write about the "Through-SwitchES" - have You found an 3-bladed-Switch or an 4-bladed-Switch (means two 2-bladed switches mounted together) ? WHERE is/ are the Through-Switch(es) mounted in the pin ? Greetings Rolf

0Palooka-Work-2 (resized).jpg0Palooka-Work-2 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

Thanks guys fixed it now

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-palooka-problem-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.