(Topic ID: 235352)

Williams Omni shuffle bowler display problem

By Willillist

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

59FBBCAA-E4A2-41F5-B738-849DDC59D31D (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Hi All,

I have a 1980 Williams Omni shuffle alley that I am bringing back to life which has been going great the one last thing I have to fix is a 6digit Slave display that the A segment is out on one display only. I cleaned the edge I also put that display on another connector and get the same results. All other displays look fine so I’m assuming that it’s just the slave that’s the issue and not the master. Anyone have any ideas for me to look into???

59FBBCAA-E4A2-41F5-B738-849DDC59D31D (resized).jpeg59FBBCAA-E4A2-41F5-B738-849DDC59D31D (resized).jpeg

#4 5 years ago

Free bump. Interested in answers to this too.

#5 5 years ago

Wow, strange. What did they do with displays on that game? It looks like a 2-board design? Is there a component board for each display or a display driver / master display board like most older Williams games? Looks like it could just be blank board on the bottom aside from making the 90 degree angle and connecting to a card edge in the back?

If there's no actual circuitry per display, and you've swapped positions, only possibly thing to trace is from the card edge connector to the plasma display pins.. aside from that, could be an internal break in the plasma display. I'd think you'd have ruled out anything with the display circuitry (assuming there's not separate circuitry per display) simply by moving the display to another working position.

#6 5 years ago

There is a master display and no circuitry on the display itself and yes it does have a funky 90 degree turn. I have toned out from the pin to the end of the edge connector so I guess I will have to buy new glass boooooooo.

3 weeks later
    #7 5 years ago

Ok problem was solved I needed to shave the glass out where the connector pins and the glass meet side in a diode arm jumper and flow solder and the problem was solved not beautiful but affective.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-omni-shuffle-bowler-display-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.