Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
P1040247 (resized).JPG
IMG_5236 (resized).JPG
Williams Wireing-3 copy (resized).jpg
1-Q (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1713/Williams_1952_Olympics_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

Hi,
Saved this machine years ago from being scraped. It's been worked on by someone that knows less than me. lol
Repaired and fixed what I could. Need help with some wires that are missing or disconnected. I attached the schematic link and a picture of one of my issues.
Bonus Reset Re wire or wires missing. don't know what contact to attach it too. I'm thinking it goes to the start relay.
Thanks, Bob

1-Q (resized).jpeg1-Q (resized).jpegWilliams Wireing-3 copy (resized).jpgWilliams Wireing-3 copy (resized).jpgIMG_5236 (resized).JPGIMG_5236 (resized).JPGP1040247 (resized).JPGP1040247 (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

One terminal on the Bonus Reset relay coil should connect to an Orange&White wire on the Bonus relay coil and to a switch in the Bonus unit. That's probably the wire that you show just wrapped around its terminal.

The other terminal on the Bonus Reset relay coil should connect to a Yellow&Black wire that runs between a switch on the Start relay and a switch on the Bonus Reset relay itself. Maybe the short jumper wire fell off at some point.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago

Hi Howard;
OK, so the Yellow/Black wire is what is missing. the start relay has four n/o contacts. how do I know what one to use?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Olympics1952:

Hi Howard;
OK, so the Yellow/Black wire is what is missing. the start relay has four n/o contacts. how do I know what one to use?

Easiest is wire colors. If you can't do that. use an ohmmeter to check continuity to the other parts of the circuit.

#5 3 years ago

some contacts have more than one wire so it's kinda hard to use an ohmmeter. I'll have to unsolder too many wires. the print shows yellow on the other side of the contacts. no yellow wire going to those relays. You have me in the right location, I just have to figure out what contact to use on the start Relay and bonus reset re. and where the yellow wire changes color.

#6 3 years ago

3 other pinsiders own 1952 Williams Olympics. Maybe you can get one of them to post a picture of that relay.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/olympics/owners

#7 3 years ago

Thanks , I'll give that a try.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-olympics-1952 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.