• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

relay pic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c5corvette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

The 10 point relay is sticking when activated. Is it a bad relay or something else causing it not to release? There are 5 switches activated by that relay, and all the individual functions seem to work, it just sticks when activated by a bumper or switch.

Thanks

John

relay pic (resized).jpgrelay pic (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Thanks Mark, that's makes sense. This is a machine I inherited, and the 10 point reel wasn't working. I found a disconnected wire on the reel solenoid (on the Player 1 side)...it looked broken, but it may have been purposely disconnected at some point. I soldered it back on and that is when I discovered the sticking relay...so maybe it was disconnected on purpose to bypass a bad component. I only notice it on Player 1. I will investigate the score reel further. Thanks

#4 4 years ago

So...after cleaning the contacts on the switches of the 10 point relay, and adjusting them for consistent contact...it is working much better and doesn't "stick". However, I noticed that when the 10 point reel rolls over it's not incrementing the 100 point reel (the 100 does increment the 1000 and the 1000 increments the 10000 just fine)...I am sure this was working previously, so maybe just some more adjustments?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c5corvette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-olympic-hockey-10-point-relay-sticking?tu=c5corvette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.