(Topic ID: 138855)

Do you need a Williams 50's White Bumper Cap?

By SteveinTexas

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Nags Williams, 1960

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC04212.jpg
DSC04213.jpg
DSC04209.jpg
DSC04204.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago
Quoted from woodsy:

Do you know anyone who is selling or reproducing the Bumper caps? My #1 Horse Cap has a piece of the top edge broken off.
Nice picks and great post!

I have a possible fix for people needing maybe one bumper cap replaced. I picked up some NOS caps of 'epay' and have reworked them as shown in the picture. The decal color may not be correct so if you want one send me a picture of what you want a replacement for and I will see if I can exchange it for one pictured with a better colored decal. Unfortunately I only have a handful so can't provide a set.

If you have old spare whitish caps I can probably tell you how to make it and provide a complementary decal set. Or if you can spare I will buy from you to make caps for others.

I have been trying to make new bumper inner caps to fit the PBR cap, although I believe I may fail this time. However, I am still working on a vacuum mold so not ready to quit just yet.

Cost will be to cover my outlay as my aim is to help the community as usual. Note I may request your old one so be ready to part with it.

DSC04204.jpgDSC04204.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Ryan, the Nags # 1 red cap is shown on the left. Does this look acceptable?

Scott the red # 1 cap shown will be made as the blue above for your Hayburner game. Does the color look acceptable if so I will make the red 2 cap and mail.

DSC04209.jpgDSC04209.jpg

#3 8 years ago

One bumber cap left. Tell me the number and game you need it for from Nags, Hayburner or Spark Plugs (may be more games). Could do a Jalopy if you want.

I will not be making this bumper cap as not enough people have shown interest, but this decal idea should suffice as a solution of sorts for people that need one. I have the art made for the Nags, Hayburner and Spark Plugs So can email you a PDF to print on your own decal paper. So just ask and I will send it free.
DSC04213.jpgDSC04213.jpg
Here is the Hayburner #1 and #2 (These are spoken for).

Making decals looks way better than coloring in the caps with a marker. I changed out my Nags originals as they are much better visually. What do you think?
DSC04212.jpgDSC04212.jpg

Steve J.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-nags-bumper-caps?tu=steveintexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.