Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinballAir
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_3532 (resized).JPG
    100_3533 (resized).JPG
    100_3526 (resized).JPG
    100_3529 (resized).JPG
    100_3528 (resized).JPG
    100_3527 (resized).JPG
    100_3508 (resized).JPG
    100_3506 (resized).JPG
    100_3505 (resized).JPG
    100_3493 (resized).JPG
    100_3478 (resized).JPG
    100_3477 (resized).JPG
    100_3475 (resized).JPG
    100_3463 (resized).JPG
    100_3433 (resized).JPG
    100_3432 (resized).JPG
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

I ordered and received a new tube and tube holder from tube depot. I also ordered and received the new cartridge from voice of music. I am going to cut the original cartridge in half so I can mount the modern low profile cartridge in the tone arm using the original holes.

When I was transplanting the amplifier from its original long steel mount to the new mount I had made, I broke one of the tube plugs. I was drilling the 70 year old tube holder/plug to accept a 1/8" rivet and the drill bound. The bakolite was broken. Uncertain if it would work , I mended the part and installed it.

I ordered a NOS holder and a new tube even though I was sure the tube was good. The problem was that the broken mount simply would not hold the tube tight. Between the heat of the tube ( yeah they get freaking hot!) and the movement of the record changer and steppers the tube would work its way out and I would lose sound. Changed the holder and the tube. Added a molex plug to connect and disconnect the amp from the tone arm. I also changed the scary power cord. I never buy those brown cords so I had to cut the cord off a clamp light I had.

100_3527 (resized).JPG100_3527 (resized).JPG

100_3528 (resized).JPG100_3528 (resized).JPG

#102 6 years ago

Since the new tube socket was smaller I could only rivet one side. I soldered the other side to the amp mount.

100_3529 (resized).JPG100_3529 (resized).JPG

100_3526 (resized).JPG100_3526 (resized).JPG

#103 6 years ago

100_3533 (resized).JPG100_3533 (resized).JPG

100_3532 (resized).JPG100_3532 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
    #104 5 years ago

Today I finally solved the 2 coin start problem.
    If you dropped a coin after the machine had not been used since the day before, it would take to coins to complete selection of first coin. You would then have the second credit as well.
    With only one coin the machine would lift the stack and pull the tone arm towards the records and stop.

Under the turntable is a plastic micro switch ( Circa 1951, cutting edge for the day). It turns out that the arm on the micro switch would sluggishly return to the run position. Once it ran a record or two it was free and worked fine. I sprayed some contact cleaner into the hole that the arm comes out of and worked it in. Working freely now.

I am also in the process of cutting the old cartridge in 1/2 and adapting a modern cartridge. By using this setup instead of my first choice I should be able to clear the stack of 10 records without the needle crashing into the side of the records.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-music-mite-restoration/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.