8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hawk007
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I'm restoring a Williams Aristocrat shuffle alley and needed to replaced the 40 pin MPU MC 6800 socket. I thought that I marked it but I didn't and I put it in backwards. It should have been facing down. What do you suppose is blown besides the MPU? Can I use the MPU of a Bally, that has a MPU 6800 IC?

#2 8 years ago

If you spun it around and its still dead it should just be the cpu chip. System 3 is a 6800 cpu. Make sure to put the same creature back in there and mark pin 1 on the board for future reference as noted below.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks, I was hoping it would be only the chip.

#4 8 years ago

System 3 and 4 use 6800 cpu. System 6 -11 use 6808/6802

Putting the CPU in upside down may ruin the CPU, but the rest of the board will be fine.

#5 8 years ago

And please please use a dot of white fingernail polish or some other way to mark the board where that NEW virtual notch is.

#6 8 years ago

6800.....oh yea thats right.... lol Should have known that. It was a looooong day yesterday.... Post edited...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-mpu-put-in-backwards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.