• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-399.jpg
image-8.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Anyone own or fix one? I'm looking for another EM now that tax season has blessed me with a bit of cash, and there's one of these floating around. I need to know if I can get parts for this if I need to. I had no problem with 2001, and people like Steve Young and Ron Webb are lifesavers. But with almost no buzz on this game on the internet I suspect parts may be hard to come by. It's not working, has a cracked backglass, and two not-so-helpful pics. But he's asking 300, so I imagine I could get it for less. I just don't want to waste any time on it if I can't get parts.

Also, it's about 800 km away, which is pretty crappy. But it's also the only EM for sale in the province right now. Except for Lectronamo, which doesn't look terribly interesting. I'll be about 3 hours away from it in a month, so I'm just probing for info at the moment....

#2 10 years ago

Standard parts are not hard to come by.
Backglass is more difficult.
There are no one-of-a-kind parts used in this game.
Love add-a-ball games, this one also with the bumper between the flippers.

Ask for better and more pictures to get a better idea of the overall state of the game.

If the backglass is not to cracked, go go for it! But for al lower price (if possible)

That's my opinion about the game.

#3 10 years ago

parts should be no problem...
bgresto has redone the miss-o backglass, so you should be able to get one from them...

if the playfield is decent and you want the game, no reason from a parts/bg standpoint not to get it...

#4 10 years ago

Thanks! Good to know. I'll have to dig for some more pics, then.

#5 10 years ago

Williams games are easier to fix than Gottliebs IMHO.

Lots of parts available too on ebay and suppliers like PBR & Marcos.

Ken

#6 10 years ago

I looked at it today, the glass it totally toasted, there's no parts inside the coin door, you can't even add credits, the on off switch is missing, it's been ghetto rigged with a plug and a wall outlet switch in a box out the back, there's a coil missing from the point reel in the header, there an incorrect pop bumper cap, rubbers are toast, theres some splitting and flaking on the playfield, and it doesn't work, so I couldn't say what if anything else is wrong with it.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Tridentphoto:

rigged with a plug and a wall outlet switch in a box out the back,

Wow you should of snapped a pic of that.

#8 10 years ago

I looked at it today, the glass it totally toasted, there's no parts inside the coin door, you can't even add credits, the on off switch is missing, it's been ghetto rigged with a plug and a wall outlet switch in a box out the back, there's a coil missing from the point reel in the header, there an incorrect pop bumper cap, rubbers are toast, theres some splitting and flaking on the playfield, and it doesn't work, so I couldn't say what if anything else is wrong with it.

at least it doesn't need a fuse....

#9 10 years ago

Wow. When he said it doesn't work, he really meant it..... Yikes! Hope you didn't drive down there just for that.

#10 10 years ago

No, luckily I was coming to calgary anyway. Thank god, because last time immade a trip specifically for a machine, i bought it, & paid too much. The best was when I asked how the hell he ever played the game, he said "we just played it" but there's no way to add any credits, nothing. I was like hmmmmm.

#11 10 years ago

I forgot to mention the head is totally unpainted too, it was kind of bad lighting, so I'm not sure if it was rebuilt, because there were obvious additional screws on it, or if it was stripped to be reprinted at some point.

#12 10 years ago

I forgot to mention the head is totally unpainted too, it was kind of bad lighting, so I'm not sure if it was rebuilt, because there were obvious additional screws on it, or if it was stripped to be reprinted at some point.

Was this in a 'pick up for free ad', or did they want more than $100 for it?

OK, I found the ad. $300 would be his asking price, not a firm price I hope. Needs a full cabinet repaint, backglass is cracked, then all of the elecrtical work, and the ad has over 50 hits. Thats a good luck with that one.

#14 10 years ago

Yep, just a little touch up needed.

#15 10 years ago

What you get for being a pinball fan living in Dog River...

#16 10 years ago

So I gave him the weekend to see if it would sell, and if not I'd buy it. Looks like I've got a project.

#17 10 years ago

Looks like I've got a project

Hmmm,, I see some sanding and or paint stripping in your future.

#18 10 years ago

Yep, I may need to get a belt sander.

#19 10 years ago

I want to see a progress thread! That's much more project than I would be looking for, but a real nifty looking game.

.... You didn't pay $300, did you?

#20 10 years ago

Yea, you didn't pay $300, did you?

Mike O.

#21 10 years ago

No, I did not.

#22 10 years ago

So this weekend I repainted the cabinet.
I was going to try to do the original miss o graphics, but all the curved lines seemed too difficult, so I did a custom design with all straight lines.
Here's the before and after.

image-399.jpgimage-399.jpg image-8.jpgimage-8.jpg
#23 10 years ago

Hey, much better than before. It's a fun game. You will enjoy it. Good work!

#24 10 years ago

I'm usually a stickler for originality.

That said, there is no way the different approach you took here detracts in any way for this game.

Well done!

Mike O.

#25 10 years ago

Thanks guys, it was kind of cool to just make my own cabinet artwork.

#26 10 years ago

Great job! That looks fantastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-miss-ocue-t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.