(Topic ID: 156186)

Williams Millionaire - what would you do with this?

By mtgedney

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gutz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

I picked up this trashed Williams Millionaire and not sure how to proceed. I have not dove into the rest. He says he has the plastics but they haven't turned up yet. Is this thing long gone and should I tear down for parts? Or should I put forth the effort to resurrect and bring it back from the dead? I actually have a nice playfield as a replacement.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Might be a fun re-theme if you have the ability to create new artwork. I hope to do a re-theme one day if I find a machine cheap enough that is beyond resurrection.

#3 8 years ago

Clean it and play it. Sys11 games are desirable in pretty much any condition.

I'm not sure I would bother with a playfield swap unless you plan on re-stenciling the cabinet. Note: Don't bother with twisted pins--they're MIA.

#4 8 years ago

Wow... just wow.

It's not too far gone, especially if you can get all the parts.

I would love to see it restored... If you do tackle it, I will be happy to follow your progress. It's not something I would take on myself, but that is because I have so many other projects, and I have already owned a Millionaire.

#5 8 years ago

Parts.

That's a pretty bad game even in HUO shape. The boards alone are worth more than whatever effort it's going to take to resurrect that unsightly mess.

Sacrifice it so that something else - ANYTHING really - might live.

I mean...even a Fire! deserves to live more than that thing. Take that unfortunate millionare out back, shoot it, and put it out of it's misery.

#6 8 years ago

I agree with Force. Play it or let it sit till you get parts for a restore. If you have a playfield and plastics, then all that's left is repainting the cabinet. It's a good candidate for a restore.

#7 8 years ago

Millionaire is the worst system 11 made.

I had to finally play it to understand why myself, which I did just recently.
Our local joint put in a restored copy, and it's just plain bad.
Way too easy, terrible goal set, flawed roulette wheel, incredibly dull game.

Make some decorations out of it, strip some useful parts, then find a dumpster for the rest.
I know it looks interesting to play. It's not at all.

#8 8 years ago

I second this. Too much effort and hidden cost. Then try and get a respectable price for your work out of a Millionaire.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Millionaire is the worst system 11 made.
I had to finally play it to understand why myself, which I did just recently.
Our local joint put in a restored copy, and it's just plain bad.
Way too easy, terrible goal set, flawed roulette wheel, incredibly dull game.
Make some decorations out of it, strip some useful parts, then find a dumpster for the rest.
I know it looks interesting to play. It's not at all.

Now that it's settled and agreed upon that this machine should be sent to the great op warehouse in the sky, let's discuss how this should be done.

1. Dragged behind pickup truck in elementary school outfield while schoolchildren cheer on its destruction

2. left on train tracks ala DeLorean in BTTF 3

3. Left on inner-city Detroit street corner at 2 am. When nobody takes it or even notices it, call Robocop to destroy by hand in the morning.

4. Sent to Todd at TNT.

Feel free to add.

#10 8 years ago

Make a fun youtube video (use more caution than this guy did)

#11 8 years ago

I had one recently. I miss it occasionally but there are better system 11's out there. The plastics were very hard to find when I was looking and that was in the last four months. I'd personally part that one out. I would have given the seller maybe $200

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Make a fun youtube video (use more caution than this guy did) » YouTube video

Nice way to get a roulette wheel embedded in your crotch.

#13 8 years ago

Unfortunately that example looks shot. I wouldn't pay a cent towards fixing it up

As for the pin, I don't think Mill is THHHHHAAT bad. I somewhat thought it was a little fun. The oscillating skill shot is cool, and so is the roulette center. It's a horribly ugly pin to look at, but at the same time, when my friend owned one, it was great to laugh at due to it's cheesiness.

At least it's not shooting straight up the middle like AFM.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Unfortunately that example looks shot. I wouldn't pay a cent towards fixing it up
As for the pin, I don't think Mill is THHHHHAAT bad. I somewhat thought it was a little fun. The oscillating skill shot is cool, and so is the roulette center. It's a horribly ugly pin to look at, but at the same time, when my friend owned one, it was great to laugh at due to it's cheesiness.
At least it's not shooting straight up the middle like AFM.

If you just shoot straight up the middle on AFM, you are playing it wrong and will lose to me every time.

As far as Millionaire goes...if that's most praise it can get out of you, who is currently all in on system 11 in a major way, you know it's a stinker. For me it's not just that it's horrifficly ugly and has a bad ruleset...the cherry on top of the turd sundae has to be the roulette wheel. From EM games up through millionaire, I loathe pinball games with roulette wheels. They stop the flow and provide nothing of interest.

If I do chance upon one again I'll surely check out the skill shot as I don't really remember it.

#15 8 years ago

How much is a millionaire worth in decent condition? I imagine not that much. Some people will say save every pin no matter how desirable and how far gone it is. I would say it's a waste of time and resources and better games could use the parts like the boards. Never seen one of these and never heard of anyone actually wanting one.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

How much is a millionaire worth in decent condition? I imagine not that much. Some people will say save every pin no matter how desirable and how far gone it is. I would say it's a waste of time and resources and better games could use the parts like the boards. Never seen one of these and never heard of anyone actually wanting one.

$500-$1000 I'd say. Always outliers of course.

I mean, if you found an actual millionaire who felt that this pin truly typified their lifestyle, personality, and sense of taste, you might really be in business.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There was one archived ad for this title: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive/13078

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you just shoot straight up the middle on AFM, you are playing it wrong and will lose to me every time.
As far as Millionaire goes...if that's most praise it can get out of you, who is currently all in on system 11 in a major way, you know it's a stinker. For me it's not just that it's horrifficly ugly and has a bad ruleset...the cherry on top of the turd sundae has to be the roulette wheel. From EM games up through millionaire, I loathe pinball games with roulette wheels. They stop the flow and provide nothing of interest.
If I do chance upon one again I'll surely check out the skill shot as I don't really remember it.

I don't really think any of the system 11s are that bad. I love the charm/cheesy factor to them moreso than gameplay and toys, like plastic bouncy aliens.

To each their own bub.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I don't really think any of the system 11s are that bad. I love the charm/cheesy factor to them moreso than gameplay and toys, like plastic bouncy aliens.
To each their own bub.

Never played BBBBBBBB (bugs bunny) but I've heard not so good things about them.

I like System 11 games too - a lot - but none of them are better than AFM but hey that's my favorite game.

how do you feel about plastic bouncy monsters on EATPM? Sys 11 games have plenty of toys and gimmicks last I checked. Where do you think WPC games got the idea?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Never played BBBBBBBB (bugs bunny) but I've heard not so good things about them.
I like System 11 games too - a lot - but none of them are better than AFM but hey that's my favorite game.
how do you feel about plastic bouncy monsters on EATPM? Sys 11 games have plenty of toys and gimmicks last I checked. Where do you think WPC games got the idea?

monsters aren't aliens.

I stand corrected. I have played BBBBBBBBBBBB. It's horrid.

#21 8 years ago

I had a nice millionaire and sold it. Did not like the game play at all,so to fix one up in that condition would be out of the question for me.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Parts.
That's a pretty bad game even in HUO shape. The boards alone are worth more than whatever effort it's going to take to resurrect that unsightly mess.

Quoted from ejg10532626:

Millionaire is the worst system 11 made

As someone who owns all the Sys11 games, I concur with the above.

Millionaire is crap. Put it out of its misery.

Even a mint one isn't worth $1000. There is a good reason for that. Every dollar that you invest in this game is money down the toilet.

I still have mine.. Because if I sold it, I wouldn't have the full set. Otherwise, she'd be out the door.

If you part it, I'll buy the roulette wheel assembly (if it's working ok..) mine is wonky.

rd

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

As someone who owns all the Sys11 games, I concur with the above.
Millionaire is crap. Put it out of its misery.
Even a mint one isn't worth $1000. There is a good reason for that. Every dollar that you invest in this game is money down the toilet.
rd

Nobody ever got rich fixing up a millionaire.

#24 8 years ago

Parts! Bring some good system 11s to life and let this one DIE. Hang the backglass on the wall as its tombstone.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody ever got rich fixing up a millionaire.

Nice play on words there.

rd

#26 8 years ago

It's on CL in Sioux Falls for 300 OBO. No idea how to add a link... Noticed it early this morning. Guess I'd have to say, GLWS

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

It's on CL in Sioux Falls for 300 OBO. No idea how to add a link... Noticed it early this morning. Guess I'd have to say, GLWS

It's got way more than $300 in parts. Easy.

Boards alone are worth that. Plus display, translite, etc etc etc. All adds up.

rd

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's got way more than $300 in parts. Easy.
Boards alone are worth that. Plus display, translite, etc etc etc. All adds up.
rd

Agree completely. But just hauling the machine, getting rid of what's not salvageable etc. I would not waste my time and effort to make a couple bucks on this I guess. Just my opinion, but I know what your sayin. . . . . . . .

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Agree completely. But just hauling the machine, getting rid of what's not salvageable etc. I would not waste my time and effort to make a couple bucks on this I guess. Just my opinion, but I know what your sayin. . . . . . . .

I think he already picked it up, so might as well make the best of it.

I would have picked it up for $300 or cheaper as well if it weren't too far and too much trouble. As I don't have room that cabinet would have been out on the street within a couple days.

#30 8 years ago

That's my craigslist ad. It's gone so it is someone else's issue now. I was leaning toward scraping it but it wasn't worth my effort. I still have a nice playfield if anyone is interested.

#31 8 years ago

Millionaire is what it would take to restore it

#32 8 years ago

Did you pick this up in Mankato within the last 2-3 weeks?

#33 8 years ago

Yep. Not exactly as advertised. Told him I was interested if playfield and cabinet was in reasonable shape. He said it was "average to above average wear". I asked if he had diagnosed the issue with the machine. The following is his verbatim response: "Millionaire just needs assembly playfield put back together and such". A bit of an exaggeration. No pics and I thought I'd take a chance. You win some and lose some. He also said it was a complete game. He is supposed to send the plastics when he finds them. Told the guy who bought it he could have them if the ever show.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Did you pick this up in Mankato within the last 2-3 weeks?

Btw, are you selling a Countdown?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from mtgedney:

Btw, are you selling a Countdown?

Yes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-millionaire-what-would-you-do-with-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.