Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Inkochnito
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    SideBySide.png
    Layered.png
    Fonts.png
    marty (resized).jpg
    GameOn 2 (resized).png
    GameOn 1 (resized).png
    DSC03022 (2) (resized).JPG
    DSC03018 (2) (resized).JPG
    time machine label (resized).PNG
    DSCF2195-245.JPG
    DSCF2195.JPG
    Serienummersticker4.jpg
    Serienummersticker3.jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

You should have a scan in one layer and your reproduction in another. It is obvious, then, whether you have got things correct. If you want to be obsessive (and we are all a bit fanatical!) this is the only way to get things bang on. You may have to individually position letters, and turn letters into outline and adjust them (resize, tweak).

Thanks, Dr. Here are the two layered, and side by side. I think we're just about there?? Comments? (P.S. The original is just a pic I took with my phone, at the time not knowing it would be used this way, so it may have been taken at a slight angle).

Layered.pngLayered.pngSideBySide.pngSideBySide.png
    #52 1 year ago

The "typewriter" font is definitely not correct; look at number 4, 9, etc.

#53 1 year ago

This font (OCR-B) looks much closer:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Lower the dots on the i in Williams and it's looking really good.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

[quoted image]

The reason OCR-B was commonly used back then is because it was computer generated and it's a font that computers, of that era, could read and recognize the characters.

The whole Williams logo needs to be readjusted, actually. Repositioning the dots is one thing, but you'll also need to modify the shape of lots of the other letters in the name. That'll need to be done node by node, too, as the curvatures of some letters are off as well as the little left-side flag on the first "i". Basically, anywhere you see "shadowing" or "doubling" needs to be fixed.

What's also happening is you're using a modern program(like Illustrator or CorelDraw or whatever) that has a different kerning rule for text and the fonts used from the standard that was used back when this label was made. It's nobody's fault, standards changing just happens over time. Sometimes you can just scale the text box that holds the letters, but other times, you'll have to adjust the actual kerning value in the text pulldown.

Just to be sure, before you start making these final adjustments, take a really nice straight-on picture with plenty of other light that's not the flash. Another word of advice is to never trust a downloaded logo. So many people out there are hacks and either just wham-bam it out and leave lots of inaccuracies or use a picture to just have a tracing program do the work for them and call it good. Neither situation is good. These people just want the downloads/clicks.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

[quoted image]

This looks far closer.
    Especially when looking at the "5" - the round part of the 5 is oblong in the proper font, but not in AlonzoMoselyFBI 's font he used.

#56 1 year ago

I'd be interested in a template of this when you're done. I usually just pull the labels off and make scanned copies, but these particular labels do not pull off without tearing apart. Even a good photo of one is enough for me to alter but i cant find one.

4 months later
    #57 9 months ago

Hello Pinsiders!

If anyone needs any of these labels printed, let me know and I can help you out for sure.

2 weeks later
    #58 8 months ago

Does anyone have this label too print off thanks,

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #59 8 months ago

Does anyone have this PDF label so I can print thanks

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #60 8 months ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Does anyone have this PDF label so I can print thanks
    [quoted image]

Yes, I do.
    Please send me an email with your request.
    [email protected] or [email protected]

Peter
    http://www.inkochnito.nl

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-midway-repo-serial-number-labels/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.