Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Grand Prix Alternator unit (resized).jpg
match unit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MD_Pinball_Dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for posting this. My match unit just stopped working. I am not a big fan of making it work again, but the wife likes to hear the KNOCK when a match is made

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from spclwhenlit:

I've searched thru other posts, and know that others have looked for a replacement activator plate and lever that goes on the little WMS match unit. My Grand Prix is missing the entire plate.
Does anybody know where I can find a new or used replacement?
If I can't find a replacement, I'm considering some sort of work around that would at least toggle the lamps that are normally switched thru the bonus unit, by wiring the little bonus unit switch to something else, like maybe the ball count unit. Has anybody else done that sort of work around?
Thanks for any suggestions!
P.S. The pic is from Clay's Pinrepair.com website... I hope he doesn't mind.[quoted image]

Anyone sell just the plastic index gear? Mine is broken off a Williams Big Deal.

#17 4 years ago

Thanks! Just ordered a replacement unit. I will still make an engineering drawing of this unit and see how hard it is to make one from Delrin or Aluminum.

#18 4 years ago

Just installed the unit. It is better than the original and removes the problem area with a metal plate in its place. Thanks for the information.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MD_Pinball_Dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-mid-70-s-match-unit?tu=MD_Pinball_Dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.