Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by libtech
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

One-Million-dollars.jpg
MMSearch.PNG

#1 4 years ago

I've been out of the scene for a while... I didn't even know there was a MM remake! I have a line on a original MM that I'd like to get a price check on. The game is very dirty but doesn't seem to have an playfield wear and the cabinet is pretty decent. Two of the pops need work, one has a blown transistor, the other has a broken ring/rod. The drawbridge has intermittent problems going down all the way. One GI string is out on the left side of the playfield.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

$4,500

#3 4 years ago

They invented a search button since you have been gone. Try it before posting.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from tfcomics:

Two of the pops need work, one has a blown transistor, the other has a broken ring/rod. The drawbridge has intermittent problems going down all the way. One GI string is out on the left side of the playfield.

You sure you're not dealing with an MMr?

#5 4 years ago

arent you glad u came back... ouch. tough early crowd.

nothing that cant be addressed, unless theres other issues not seen/noted.

around 6.5k. i guess

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You sure you're not dealing with an MMr?

LOL teek !!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

They invented a search button since you have been gone. Try it before posting.

Thanks for the information. I did try to search but search seems to be broken, I don't get any results for 'Medieval Madness value' or even 'Medieval Madness'.
MMSearch.PNG

Being a forum guru, what do you suggest?

Quoted from ledge:

arent you glad u came back... ouch. tough early crowd.
nothing that cant be addressed, unless theres other issues not seen/noted.
around 6.5k. i guess

Right, I agree. I've actually worked on the machine several times. The owner doesn't want to work on the machine himself and is sick of dealing with the constant headaches of things breaking... a tough position for a pin owner.

#8 4 years ago

Put in a bug ticket for a broken search

#9 4 years ago

4500-5500 would be my guess. You could always pay more but thats probably close.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

4500-5500 would be my guess. You could always pay more but thats probably close.

If anyone has one at that price - *I'm buying* - cash in hand!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

me too.

#12 4 years ago

A couple of years ago, just prior to the announcement of the remake, that might have been a $12,000 pin. Now...maybe half that? Since you can now get a "new one" for $8000 it is always now going to be a comparison point.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

A couple of years ago, just prior to the announcement of the remake, that might have been a $12,000 pin. Now...maybe half that? Since you can now get a "new one" for $8000 it is always now going to be a comparison point.

Half that??? I'll take one for 6 grand please! MMr did not hurt the nice original MM's like some think. The beat up routed ones maybe but the nice original ones or restored ones are doing just fine. Especially since MMr isn't all that...

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Half that??? I'll take one for 6 grand please! MMr did not hurt the nice original MM's like some think. The beat up routed ones maybe but the nice original ones or restored ones are doing just fine. Especially since MMr isn't all that...

I guess the $4500 and $4500-5500 previously quoted prices were ok, but $6000 is where you draw the line

#15 4 years ago

Sorry, but it seems that the MM market is currently in disarray. I think the market is wide open and won't settle for a year or so.

At this exact moment, if I were in the market for an MM, I would be at around $4500 for the one described by the OP. Not a dime more because I would probably need to put a fair amount of time and labor into re-doing it.

Just my two cents.

#16 4 years ago

Unless the cab was perfect (because the real silkscreened cab is the only thing the original has better than the decaled MMr), you are **probably** at $5000.

The used price had dropped to $6500 when MMr was announced, but now that the game is real and in people's hands, even that is too much.

Once you clean the playfield, you know there will be wear at the Blue Knight, and at the 2 shields at the top. You know there will be wear at Merlin's hole, shooter lane and the one pop bumper. Some of the inserts will need to be leveled.

The bar on the drawbridge is probably worn, the moat is probably cracked, dragon wings glued, plastics starting to yellow.

Flippers will need a rebuild kit for sure.

One or both troll mechs will need welding.

At least one wire ramp will need plating or welding.

Plastic ramps will be yellow.

Don't kid yourself how long fixing up a game that complicated will take.

So you might easily have 100 hours of work + $1000 in parts to restore that game. Add $900 more if you need a new playfield.

-
A MMr will give you ALL new parts, Stereo sound, color DMD (new software coming to fully colorize it), 2x clearcoated playfield, LED lighting, unfaded translight, one year warranty, and of course that NIB experience and smell.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

I guess the $4500 and $4500-5500 previously quoted prices were ok, but $6000 is where you draw the line

Those guys quoting $4500 are insane. You on the other hand are only partially insane at $6000 that is why I responded to you.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Those guys quoting $4500 are insane. You on the other hand are only partially insane at $6000 that is why I responded to you.

Go buy them all Teekee. Corner the market on routed dirty MM's. Now is probably your time to do it, especially if MMR really tanks with issues worse than the sling dents. Sounds like you are a buyer on this game at $6k.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Go buy them all Teekee. Corner the market on routed dirty MM's. Now is probably your time to do it, especially if MMR really tanks with issues worse than the sling dents. Sounds like you are a buyer on this game at $6k.

I will take it!!!!!!!! Where is it??? Get to my house for $6000 I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is it????????????? I want it!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I will take it!!!!!!!! Where is it??? Get to my house for $6000 I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is it????????????? I want it!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!

A guy did this with DeLoreans a few years back and ended up doing pretty well. Now he has a pretty good business restoring them and even manufacturing parts for them.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Once you clean the playfield, you know there will be wear at the Blue Knight, and at the 2 shields at the top. You know there will be wear at Merlin's hole, shooter lane and the one pop bumper. Some of the inserts will need to be leveled.

The bar on the drawbridge is probably worn, the moat is probably cracked, dragon wings glued, plastics starting to yellow.

Flippers will need a rebuild kit for sure.

One or both troll mechs will need welding.

At least one wire ramp will need plating or welding.

Plastic ramps will be yellow.

not necessarily. : P

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Unless the cab was perfect (because the real silkscreened cab is the only thing the original has better than the decaled MMr), you are **probably** at $5000.

I'm really kind of surprised that folks are still feeling this way. There have been a lot of prominent problems with the first batch of MMr and smart money says the current delay is a bigger deal than slow parts delivery from one side of Chicago to the other.

Sound was supposed to be better, even the guy that will quickly thumbs down this post has admitted that isn't the case and has already had to upgrade his. Others are reporting if you leave the game on for 8 or more hours it gets scratchy. A future software upgrade is promised to fix this, is there any proof of that?

Some have reporting their games won't retain settings and boards have been swapped to deal with that. Also promised fixed via future software upgrade.

Color frames on the screen, same promise. But do we even know if the platform can handle the overhead? And even if it can, is there anyone actually working on this time consuming and detail oriented project?

Screen tearing has been a known issue for a year and games are still shipping with that issue.

The early "tomahawk" folks are going to be stuck with non-standard replacement parts and a bottle of clearcoat touchup for their support and patience. Which really sucks for them, but if they accept it so be it I guess.

Versus referring to the remake as "better" for the time being I would say it is exhibiting a flimsiness that doesn't bode well for it's long term reliability. Maybe the upcoming software update will fix a lot of the above. Right now you just have the word of the guy that is desperately trying to get these built and shipped out that all this will be an easy fix...

#23 4 years ago

don't overpay for worn, dirty stuff. This is one of the main problems that artificially skewed the market in the first place. When things don't work, you have to add more money off for the unknown. Because you really don't know how complex and frustrating it's going to get. So you price for worst case scenario. $4500 seems spot on. Dirty as shit, probably cracked ramps here and there, warped plastics, scratched and dinged cabinet with mechanical/electrical problems. Pops not working. Could be a switch, could be a transistor, could be the back of the board is hacked to shit and looks like a roadmap of traces. Something like that, you price it as if you had to replace the board. That is worst case. That is the proper way to figure out routed, dirty games.

#24 4 years ago

One-Million-dollars.jpgLOL hope u get it

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

"4501.00 -5501.00 Bob..."

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

A guy did this with DeLoreans a few years back and ended up doing pretty well. Now he has a pretty good business restoring them and even manufacturing parts for them.

That guy is down the road from me and he is doing very well. He can put together whole cars as he has all the leftover parts and everything he needs to build them. If you go buy his place he sometimes has 10-15 cars in his parking lot that he is rebuilding or restoring. He has designed a new engine to go in the car that has more power than that POS that came in them. He was getting one inspected at the same place that inspects my cars and the car looked brand new. If they would just do something about that FUGLY front bumper cover.

#27 4 years ago

Doesnt sound like too hard of fixes really, but check around merlin and the moat kickout and the outer loop by the pops (usual wear spots) if they are pretty clean and no wear as mentioned Id say under 7k your doing good. Good afternoon cleaning and fixing and youll have a real MM for less than a MMR

#28 4 years ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside