• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PrinzFred
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 8 years ago

ebay.com link: SENSATION TAXI PINBALL with MARILYN ONE of 200 Pinballmaschine from Williams

Just wanted to see if anyone knows how many Marilyn Taxis there are out there. This Ebay listing claims there is only 200.
Plus they want $5000 for it. Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

these come up often for much less--usually around 2k. Do not pay 5k.

#4 8 years ago

there is only 200 of them it says tho...

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

these come up often for much less--usually around 2k. Do not pay 5k.

This is the one that was listed at $10K a couple weeks ago. Give it a couple weeks and it may be down to $2K. I'd try to find one a little closer to home though and unless it is really nice, closer to $1K..

#6 8 years ago

I think it has been discussed before. They really don't command that much higher a price. As normal, condition is king in determining price.

#7 8 years ago

I see way more Marilyn than Lola out in the world.

AFAICT, the Lola is the rare one.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

there is only 200 of them it says tho...

not even close to true. there are way more than 200 Marilyn versions of Taxi out there. In fact, Marilyn seems to be more common than Lola. There's no good reason for that version to command a higher price.

#9 8 years ago

I see this on the IPDB.

We asked Roger Sharpe about the reason for this change. He replies:

Suffice it to say that we did have some limited run of machines featuring a 'blonde Marilyn' — and I don’t know if these were for international only. However, we were informed that there were rights that needed to be secured in order to use Marilyn and the decision was made to just alter the artwork so that the female character was renamed ‘Lola’ for the main production run. If memory serves, and I can’t say with certainty—there might be games that were manufactured with a brunette Lola and then a redheaded Lola.

Does anyone know the real number of machines with Marilyn? I am guessing 200 is false info on Ebay. They must of made quite a few before they got in trouble.

#10 8 years ago

Almost all of the Taxis that I have seen/played were the Marilyn version. I don't know the exact number but for sure there are LOTS more than 200 of them.
EDIT: looked at the listing and noticed that the game is in Germany. Explains things a bit....

#11 8 years ago

you can change it to a marilyn relatively easily. so be cautious

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

No.

Most ebay prices for pinball machines are ridiculously over-inflated.

#15 8 years ago

Funny this should come up again. I was just reading this old thread minutes ago. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-marilyn-vs-lola

#16 8 years ago

That playfield is totally trashed, take a look at the pictures on Ebay. In my opinion it is worth $1000.

#17 8 years ago

there was one on Denver CL for 2k a few months ago. Are you trying to see if yours is worth more? Because all pinball machines are worth more on Ebay for some reason...

#18 8 years ago

Does anyone know about the Blonde hair on the backglasses? how rare those are?

#19 8 years ago

I owned a Marilyn, and the backglass was painted not a translite.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

Does anyone know about the Blonde hair on the backglasses? how rare those are?

It isn't worth $5k.

CPR did a run of them a couple years ago.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo145.html

Honestly, the artwork difference really isn't significant enough on this game to have a noticeable effect on the price.

#21 8 years ago

Thanks didn't know they did a run of backglasses.
Now I need a Soviet tie like Gorbi LOL dee dee daah dee deeeha dah doh... HEY!

#22 8 years ago

Don't pay $5K for that machine. I would sell you mine for $4K. All kidding aside, read some older threads. There are way more than 200 out there and new play fields are Marilyn, so many more would be converting over.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-marilyn-taxi-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.