7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skymead87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys, I'm working on my first pinball ever, a Magic City. I've been reading PinRepair and a few other sites for guides but I may be at a wall.

The game turns on and the GI lights up. The lock coil is burnt up so I have it wedged closed for now. There are credits on the wheel and the ball count is at zero, but when pushing the start button it won't active the coin relay. If I manually activate the coin relay though, the reels will reset and the game will start just fine.

I'm not really sure where to even start looking. I have the schematics but they still kinda look like spaghetti to me even after reading the spot on PinRepair.

Any clues?

Thanks.

#4 7 years ago

Ok, I'll check on that when I get back home. Thanks.

#5 7 years ago

ok after un-wedging the lock relay, the game will light only while holding down the left flipper, as soon as i let go they turn back off and the lock relay never energizes.

the motor does will spin if i turn it.

#7 7 years ago

I went through the switch stacks on the motor already but its very likely that I missed something or mis-adjusted something. I just pulled the mech board out so i can get a better view of the switches. I'll update after I've gone over them again. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

#8 7 years ago

So I got the score motor cleaned up, but the game still doesn't want to reset. The credit wheel shows it having credits, but when I hit one of the coin door switches it will increment again and start a game. I can then play through the 5 balls and it will go into game over, but after that it won't start a new game. My next guess is that the credit wheel is mis-aligned in some way but im not sure.

Any clues?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skymead87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside