(Topic ID: 173369)

Williams Lucky Ace. Should the cards reset at the start of each game?

By jkroeck25

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0028 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Working out some bugs on a Lucky Ace and game is starting to work properly. I'm assuming that the 1-9 and 10-Ace should reset at the start of each game but I'm not sure. At the start of each game, regardless if game was powered down or not, the same cards are lit. It looks like the 1-9 are lit and turned off when you rollover them and the 10 -ace are off and light when you hit them. Is this correct?

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

I've just watched a few different machines on youtube and neither the 1-9 rollovers or the 10-A targets reset at the beginning of a new game. The 1-9 rollovers turn off as you roll over and the 10-A targets light when you hit them. Based on the videos, the both targets sets only reset based on completing the sequence.

#3 7 years ago

Hi jkroeck25, bonzo71
I had a look in the ipdb-schematics - there IS AN ADJ-SWITCH in "Lucky Ace" --- it CAN be adjusted so the pin DOES reset the 1-9 at "starting a new game" - greetings Rolf

#4 7 years ago

Rolf,

Great info! Since the 1-9 controls the double/triple bonus, it seems more fair to have the option reset at the start of the game. Coming into a game with most of the rollovers activated could be a huge advantage..

#5 7 years ago

Great info, I'm going to see if I can find that adjustment.

#6 7 years ago

Hi jkroeck25, bonzo71 +
the ipdb-schematics says "Adjustment for 'cons or 'lib' " - means conservative or liberal. I first would look in the Backbox - greetings Rolf

#7 7 years ago

I'm starting to understand it now. With your direction Rolf, I located the 1-9 adjustment in the cabinet. I made the change and it worked. I also see where it is located on the schematic. I was looking on the wrong side of the transformer the whole time. It looks like at start up the score motor 3 A resets 1-9 and 1A should reset 10-Ace.

IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago

Hi jkroeck25
the logic in the pin is "a relay called '1-9 RESET-Relay' " is made pulling-in "when it is time to reset the bank 1-9". The manufacturer says THIS is "liberal" - IF (if) You, operator at these times WANT ALSO (forced) the reset the 1-9-bank WHEN a new Game is started: With the Adj-Plug in "cons position" WE let current flow to reset the 1-9 bank - because: When a new game is started: The RESET-Relay WILL for sure pull-in (for to reset the Score-Drums) - so we (Williams) simply mount an "Switch on Reset-Relay" to make happen what THESE operators wanted ...

I advice: Adjust the Adj-Plug to "conservative" - AND PLAY MANY games - IF (if) You (then) REALLY want the 10-Ace ALSO reset at "starting a new game": We can do an modification - an "Hack" by "somewhat adding an relay or a switch or a microswitch using the movement of the armature of the pulling Reset-Relay" to ALSO force the resetting of 10-Ace.
I strongly advice: FIRST Adjust the Adj-Plug to "conservative" - AND PLAY MANY games --- THEN think of "Do I (You) really want to do this hack ? (and eveentually want to ask in the forum about "how to do"), greetings Rolf

6 years later
#9 1 year ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi jkroeck25
the logic in the pin is "a relay called '1-9 RESET-Relay' " is made pulling-in "when it is time to reset the bank 1-9". The manufacturer says THIS is "liberal" - IF (if) You, operator at these times WANT ALSO (forced) the reset the 1-9-bank WHEN a new Game is started: With the Adj-Plug in "cons position" WE let current flow to reset the 1-9 bank - because: When a new game is started: The RESET-Relay WILL for sure pull-in (for to reset the Score-Drums) - so we (Williams) simply mount an "Switch on Reset-Relay" to make happen what THESE operators wanted ...
I advice: Adjust the Adj-Plug to "conservative" - AND PLAY MANY games - IF (if) You (then) REALLY want the 10-Ace ALSO reset at "starting a new game": We can do an modification - an "Hack" by "somewhat adding an relay or a switch or a microswitch using the movement of the armature of the pulling Reset-Relay" to ALSO force the resetting of 10-Ace.
I strongly advice: FIRST Adjust the Adj-Plug to "conservative" - AND PLAY MANY games --- THEN think of "Do I (You) really want to do this hack ? (and eveentually want to ask in the forum about "how to do"), greetings Rolf

I’m interested in knowing a solution to have 10-A bank as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-lucky-ace-should-the-cards-reset-at-the-start-of-each-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.