New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 263506)

Williams lucky ace outhole issues.

By Toypop

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Toypop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200306_211828 (resized).jpg
lucky_ace_schematic (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

Having a bit of trouble with this williams lucky ace. I primarily work on newer pinball and arcade games, but i do have a fair ammount of experience with EM's. Im just not an expert and would appreciate any help here!

I was able to get the game from %100 dead to just about working. Currently the only two issues ive yet to iron out after going through the whole machine and fixing various things using my beginner schematic reading skills are;

1.) The 1000 reel doesnt advance, pressing on the 1000 relay will fire the chime, but no movement on the reel. Pressing all 1000 point switches on the playfield properly fire the relay, but no points are ever scored. There are no stuck switches on the playfield. It will not reset during start up either, i had to manually pull the plunger to get to zero for the start up. All score reels have been dissasembled/properly cleaned.

2.) The main issue is during the start up sequence, with the ball in the outhole, it will not properly finish. What happens when you hit start, score reels reset, ball count stepper gets set to 3 balls, power is given to the flippers etc, and then the bonus unit goes down to zero and then kicks up one unit, then back down to zero, then up one, then loops there. The outhole relay continously fires, and the ball is never kicked out of the outhole. What is confusing me is that with the ball OUT of the outhole, and then activating the outhole relay by hand, the outhole kicker activates. Only when the ball is in the outhole is when the outhole relay wont fire the kicker. I have inspected the bonus unit for obvious issues and disassembled/properly cleaned the unit, but i cant find the issue.

Thank you in advance! would love to get this game working.

lucky_ace_schematic (resized).jpg
#2 6 months ago

Problem with the 1000 point reels solved, i found that the wire coming out of the coil fell off, resoldered it and now that is working fine.

Still need to figure out the outhole/bonus unit startup sequence problem.

20200306_211828 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 159.00
$ 41.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside