Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0624191917 (resized).jpg
0625192049 (resized).jpg
0625192049a (resized).jpg
0625192049b (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Finally got my Lucky 7 to start again but now it seems like the slot reels don't tell the cpu what the reel value is when you get down both drop targets. I checked the wires and they all seem to be connected properly. Anyone else run into this problem? Any advice? Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

Have the slot reels wiping fingers and boards been cleaned recently?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Have the slot reels wiping fingers and boards been cleaned recently?

The gentleman that had it before me may have but that certainly sounds like a better start than reflowing all the solder. If the contacts are silver I can use just a fine sandpaper right? Still learning. Lol

#4 4 years ago

It's been a while since I looked at one of these... can you provide some photos of the reel mechanism?

It doesn't recognize the value upon the drops falling? Not the correct value, or any value? Does the slot move (change) when it should during normal gameplay?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

It's been a while since I looked at one of these... can you provide some photos of the reel mechanism?
It doesn't recognize the value upon the drops falling? Not the correct value, or any value? Does the slot move (change) when it should during normal gameplay?

I will take some photos tonight. The slot reels move fine and occasionally when they are in the right position the lights will show What the value is. The drops do give credit for the value when it does work.

#6 4 years ago

It sounds like they may be out of alignment, if they work *some* of the time.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

It sounds like they may be out of alignment, if they work *some* of the time.

Oh....didn't think about that. If they are anything like the old gottlieb roto targets then that's no surprise. I had to fight with my Encounters back in the day to get that thing working...and even then it only worked like 75 percent of the time.

Ahh....I'm home on lunch and with the machine on I hit the reels to get them into a scoring value...pulled up the playfield and lightly tapped the reels from underneath...the value lights came on. So either the contacts are dirty or I need to adjust them. If I do have to adjust them, how do I go about that? Thanks for your help sir.

#8 4 years ago

Clean the contacts with a crisp white unlaminated (not glossy) business card. Squeeze the switches closed and pull the card through the contacts multiple times until the card no longer reflects any dirt.

If you need to adjust them, you need to CAREFULLY bend the leaves to make solid contact upon closure. A switch adjustment tool is preferred, but not required, just don't overdo it.

Good luck!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Clean the contacts with a crisp white unlaminated (not glossy) business card. Squeeze the switches closed and pull the card through the contacts multiple times until the card no longer reflects any dirt.
If you need to adjust them, you need to CAREFULLY bend the leaves to make solid contact upon closure. A switch adjustment tool is preferred, but not required, just don't overdo it.
Good luck!

Thank you sir...I was thinking that because of the year the it might have golden contacts...so I didn't sand. Ill try the business card...here ate some photos...all the wiring looks good. Ill post back after my disassemble and cleaning.

0624191917 (resized).jpg0624191917 (resized).jpg0625192049b (resized).jpg0625192049b (resized).jpg0625192049 (resized).jpg0625192049 (resized).jpg0625192049a (resized).jpg0625192049a (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

Those are wiper contacts on the reels... I would start with inspecting the drop target switched (or any others) that "tell" the reels when to reposition, PRIOR to disassembling the reels.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Those are wiper contacts on the reels... I would start with inspecting the drop target switched (or any others) that "tell" the reels when to reposition, PRIOR to disassembling the reels.

Cool if I can get to them without having to disassemble I will. I did take the first reel off yesterday and cleaned with rubbing alchohol...first reel is a bit more responsive...

#12 4 years ago

Woo hoo....took stuff apart...cleaned the contacts....reel value is working like 90% of the time. I'm happy with that. .....oh...fuse blew again. God damn it! I thought I had that resolved. ~_~

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-lucky-7-slot-reel-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.