Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20131113_174058.jpg
20131113_174052.jpg
20131113_174045.jpg
20131113_174038.jpg
20131113_174030.jpg
#1 10 years ago

The unit was this way when I purchased it. You hit the start button and it automatically plays all 4 players. I want to get it to the point where 1 push of the start button = 1 player. Any ideas on what I need to adjust? FYI = 1 button push only deducts 1 credit from the reel.

#2 10 years ago

I'd take a close look at the coin unit stepper on the bottom board. Maybe stuck and unable to reset.

#3 10 years ago

10-4. Thanks.

#4 10 years ago

Unit doesn't seem to spring back to the EOS switch when reset. I moved it a couple clicks, turned unit on, hit start and the EOS switch was never activated because the wheel didn't rotate all the way back. Noticed there's a ground down section of the jagged tooth wheel that's in-line with the white plastic cylinder that comes into contact with the EOS switch. Does that sound right?

Compared it to the stepper unit just in front of it and all components move freely and about the same rotation.

20131113_174030.jpg20131113_174030.jpg 20131113_174038.jpg20131113_174038.jpg 20131113_174045.jpg20131113_174045.jpg 20131113_174052.jpg20131113_174052.jpg 20131113_174058.jpg20131113_174058.jpg
#5 10 years ago

The stepper unit to the left of the coin unit is the ball count unit. It is a five position stepper(5 balls) and works basically the same and the coin unit stepper which is a four position stepper(four players). Compare the two stepper units in terms of how they move. You can manually advance the stepper by pushing the plunger into the bottom coil. The top coil resets the stepper to its home position (a one player game)...(or ball one on the ball count stepper). The clock spring tension is used to reset the stepper to its home position.

You'll need to clean that stepper up..usually the pivot point for the reset coil gets gunked up from pin dust and dried oil. I would read the stepper section of pinrepair.com..there is a nice guide showing how to clean stepper units.

#6 10 years ago

You already took some good pics. Time to take apart that stepper and clean it.

Check pinrepair.com. Clay has an awesome write up about dealing with these kind of issues.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

#7 10 years ago

Does it increment/decrement manually? That should determine if its a mechanical or electrical issue.

#8 10 years ago

I swear it looks like that bar is on the wrong side of the switch stack

That would explain the behaviour youre seeing.

At player 4 it should open that switch I think. and when resetting the switch should be closed an the bar at 5oclock or so

--Jeff

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I swear it looks like that bar is on the wrong side of the switch stack
That would explain the behaviour youre seeing.
At player 4 it should open that switch I think. and when resetting the switch should be closed an the bar at 5oclock or so
--Jeff

Jeff it correct. The peg is on the wrong side of the switch.. In the 4th player position the switch is open.

See this photo for the home position http://www.pinrepair.com/em/wcoin2.jpg

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

it looks like that bar is on the wrong side of the switch stack

Good eye.

#11 10 years ago

Stepper unit was cleaned. Post was moved. To do this, I removed the switch, rotated wheel down, reinstalled the switch. Same exact results.

Now where do I go.....

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Does it increment/decrement manually? That should determine if its a mechanical or electrical issue.

More info with that^^>> With game on/reset and playfield up can you get it to light each of the players manually moving the coin unit(aka players unit)?

#13 10 years ago

Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't want to re-home itself every time. Added one more turn to the spring tension and good to go.

Absolutely awesome work folks. Thank you!

#14 10 years ago

If the ball count is working, carefully inspect the movement of the ball count stepper next to the coin unit stepper..they function essentially the same way. Manually pushing in the top plunger moves the stepper to its home position and then manually pushing in the bottom stepper advances the number of players from one to four. Watching a working stepper may help you understand what is wrong.

#15 10 years ago

Great news!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-little-chief-only-plays-4-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.