3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lincsled
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lincsled.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

My Little Chief is coming along pretty well after a 20 year sleep,I have replaced the rubbers,the flippers and solenoid slugs and links,the score reels reset most of the time now,the more I play it the better it works.
But now I'm noticing a couple problems,the biggest problem is the flippers jump when you try to catch the ball,they seem to have plenty of power but when I try to catch the ball the flipper jump,and almost aways flips the ball into the side chutes,I thought it was the wore out slugs causing the problems but even with all the new flipper parts it's still doing it.
I read where you can increase the voltage to the flipper. Is this safe and advisable? Both of the flipper solenoids have been replaced at some point in the machines life,but I don't know when,is there some way to test them? Should I check the voltage to them,what should that be?
I have cleaned all the contact points related to the flippers,that I know of,with so many in there I have a hard keeping track of what does what!
The other problem I am having is the center kick out hole score lights,they only light up once in a while and usually only 2-3 lights before they go out,so I never get the special to light up,again I have cleaned all the contacts I can find,on the advance unit and the relay,nothing seems to help,any suggestions much appreciated!

#3 3 years ago

Thanks zacaj, I did notice those eos switches looked kind of burnt,may be they aren't passing enough voltage to keep the flipper stiff,I'll clean them a little better and double check the gap and tension.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks,I looked at the switches a little closer today and found that they are pretty nasty so I'm going to order a set,I tried adjusting the one that looked a little newer and was able to remove some of the jump,but new ones adjusted properly should fix it.

#7 3 years ago

I looked up the schematics when I started running down problems but my mind doesn't like stuff like that,I just can't follow those things,there is too much info!
But I'll look for that reset relay,most of the little tags are still present.
This machine sat in really dirty conditions for 20 years so hopefully it just needs some more cleaning!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lincsled.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-little-chief-flipper-problems?tu=lincsled and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.