• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20190520_160611 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Picked up a Liberty Bell recently. I've verified that I've got credits on the game and have purposely put all score reels at non zero values (1's). When I press the start button, it decrements a credit but does nothing else. (Can hear the score motor run briefly when I do)

Anyone have any thoughts on where best to start?

Also, since my Liberty Bell has lost it's labels on the bottom panel relays, andyone have a pic of how they are labeled?

#2 4 years ago

Does the reset relay energize?

#3 4 years ago

Check the horizontal stack switches on all the score reels for a closed switch.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Picked up a Liberty Bell recently. I've verified that I've got credits on the game and have purposely put all score reels at non zero values (1's). When I press the start button, it decrements a credit but does nothing else. (Can hear the score motor run briefly when I do)

Check the Jones plugs.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Anyone have any thoughts on where best to start?
Also, since my Liberty Bell has lost it's labels on the bottom panel relays, andyone have a pic of how they are labeled?

Do you have a manual for the game?

Bottom panel relays, right side, back to front:
Lock
Coin
Reset
Outhole
Ball Index
Game Over
2nd Coin

Left side, back to front:
Coin set up
25¢
10¢
Extra Ball
Tilt

IMG_20190520_160611 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_160611 (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago

Thanks all! I do have the manual for the game.....but the relay panel listing will hopefully help a lot. Probably not going to be able to work more on it before the weekend, but at least I have a good jumping off point now. Most of my experience with EMs not starting has involved score reels (AKA the score motor just keeps running) hence why this one had me puzzled. Also doesn't help that someone tried to hack the coin door for free play....but I think I've got all that bypassed now.

I'll update here once I get back to it.

Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

Do you have a manual for the game?
Bottom panel relays, right side, back to front:
Lock
Coin
Reset
Outhole
Ball Index
Game Over
2nd Coin
Left side, back to front:
Coin set up
25¢
10¢
Extra Ball
Tilt[quoted image]

1 week later
#7 4 years ago

Ok....I have finally been able to revisit this. I've gotten to the point where I have totally removed the playfield and the associated Jones plugs connectors from the mix. I've gotten to the point where manually tripping the game over and reset relays allow me to start a game "blind" (meaning I can now go manually activate the 10s, 100s, 1000s, 10000s relays).when I manually activate these relays I get chimes....and on 10s, 1000s and 10000s I get the reels to turn each time. When I hit the 100s....I get chimes but no reel movement. When I purposely set all player one reels to anything other than zero and manually activate the no 1 score reset relay all reels begin to reset and eventually get to zeros.

By this logic....in my head...I'm thinking issue with the 100s reel since it does not move when I manually activate the 100s relay.

Is my logic sound? If so...I assume I should check all switches on the 100s reel as well as the coil?

#8 4 years ago

If the 100s reel resets correctly, then you know the coil works fine. Check the No. 1 Player relay. The top switch controls the 100s reel.

#9 4 years ago

Oh...duh! (On the coil part at least!)

The hunt continues.

Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

If the 100s reel resets correctly, then you know the coil works fine. Check the No. 1 Player relay. The top switch controls the 100s reel.

#10 4 years ago

Well...good news...traced the connection between the 100pt relay and the number 1 player relay (red/green wire) and found that the normally closed switch on the number one player was the culprit. All reels now score and chime and reset through the player 1 reset relay!

Now back to my startup sequence problem!

#11 4 years ago

Current status....when pressing the start button the coin relay locks on and the score motor runs. What is supposed to tell the coin relay to drop out (or not lock on I guess)?

#12 4 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The COIN RE. remains energized via the self-hold switch (COIN RE.) and the Make/Break switch at 5-B on the score motor.
It looks to me like it should drop out at the end of the first revolution of the score motor.
You can verify that it is energized through this path by breaking the self-hold switch on the COIN RE. (e.g., stick a piece of fish paper between the blades). If it de-energizes then that is the path in question; verify that the 5-B switch is gapped correctly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-liberty-bell-start-sequence-help?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.