• Latest reply 74 days ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Liberty Bell Eject Coils (resized).jpg

#1 74 days ago

I am currently trying to fix up a Williams Liberty Bell that has the following issues.

1. The top left rollover switch locks on the ball index relay and does not score any points. Switch checks out OK.
2. None of the saucers kick out a ball when activated.
3. The start button doesn't work but the coin return button will start a game. The button worked before and quit after moving the game.

Can anyone help me figure these issues out?

Thanks!

#2 74 days ago
Quoted from RetroRyan:

1. The top left rollover switch locks on the ball index relay and does not score any points. Switch checks out OK.

The Ball Index relay should lock on. It tells the game that you've scored points so the ball count will advance when you drain. How many points should the top left rollover score?

Quoted from RetroRyan:

2. None of the saucers kick out a ball when activated.

If none of the three eject holes work I'd check the two Score Motor switches that are common to all three:
Liberty Bell Eject Coils (resized).jpg

Quoted from RetroRyan:

3. The start button doesn't work but the coin return button will start a game. The button worked before and quit after moving the game.

I don't think the coin return button should start a game so it may be that your coin door has been modified. But since it does start a game most of the circuit (shown at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-em-liberty-bell-schematics-) is working. I'd check the wiring for the Credit Button switch against the schematic. Something probably got bumped during the move.

/Mark

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside