You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).png
8F4AEA29-45F7-4C13-8CD0-E7B7E6969029 (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Williams Liberty Bell. Game does not match and no knocker. Knocker works, match unit cleaned with scotchbright, alcohol, then thin layer diaelectric grease. Looked at Rolf Martin’s 2017 extensive help for pinballman3 on Pinside, tried jumping as noted, nothing works. Match lights have been coming all the time but after I cleaned the on/off match adj jack, match lights don’t light any more when game over. Appreciate any help.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from basset1:

I cleaned the on/off match adj jack, match lights don’t light any more

Check all the jack wires.

#3 3 years ago

Are in extra ball mode or credit mode? What position is the match unit in?

8F4AEA29-45F7-4C13-8CD0-E7B7E6969029 (resized).png8F4AEA29-45F7-4C13-8CD0-E7B7E6969029 (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

I don't have this machine but sounds like add replay coil not firing so would be open wire or contact leading to that relay, same wire fires the knocker on my solar city machine which has the same credit/extra ball connector listed above. match lights would be a separate problem

#5 3 years ago

Cleaned all plugs, checked wires - good resistance. Ball in extra ball mode, no. match adj is on. Will check outhole relay, extra ball relay and ball ind. relays. Machine has been working great for some time. Might be my imagination but it seems when this problem occurred, the match unit became much louder. A loud click when advancing. Put jumper wire from left side of credit unit step up to Y-BLU wire on score wheel and knocker popped. No knocker sound when jump from left side of credit unit step up to all points in between so suspect match unit is problem. Good resistance showing on all connection between these two points. Thanks

#6 3 years ago

are you talking about the little oscillator/match piece? little plastic piece that has a little claw thats spring loaded. Its is dragged across a "cog" to determine which number is the match number? also controls the oscillator so if you dont have lights going left and right during play that would also point a finger at this little troublesome piece of )^&*^^^)!
it his is what I think it is, usually mounted up there in the head, this little unit is broken a lot. a real lot. THat part is actually available to purchase. Had a hell of a time finding one so I bought 3! Of course I cannot remember where I bought it.

#7 3 years ago

Yes, that's the piece. I'm pretty sure it's not broken because it alternates lighting the "spinner scores 1000's when lit" lights on playfield when I manually advance it. It also advances during game play as it should. Thanks

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from basset1:

Ball in extra ball mode, no. match adj is on.

I don't think that is a valid combination. Read the part of the manual in @mikala's reply carefully. I think it's extra ball or match, not both.

#9 3 years ago

Put plug in credit (not extra ball), nothing. This machine has been working fine for some time and I did not do anything with that adjustment. Thanks

#10 3 years ago

Hmm, I see what you mean about number match adjustment on mikala's reply. Can't understand why this has been working fine while plug is in extra ball position. I'll play some more with the plugs. tx

#11 3 years ago

plugged into credit, nothing. Traced resistance on both wires from credit/extra ball plug. Also cleaned and checked gap on outhole, extra ball, and ball ind relays. tx

#12 3 years ago

Check the Game Over relay sw. here for the lites.

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png
#13 3 years ago

Cleaned (again) m/b game over relay switch (at A 2), good resistance on switches. Also check all wires from g/o switch to 15 amp fuse, credit unit open at zero pos sw, and GREY-O wire to game over lite and no. match adj. jack, all good resistance. tx

#14 3 years ago

no match lights!

#15 3 years ago

I'm thinking short somewhere. You'll probably have to undo somethings to look around.

#16 3 years ago

will do...

#17 3 years ago

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18 3 years ago

Will do, tx

#19 3 years ago

Jumpered from brown thru g/o to GREY-O on "no. match adj jack". It awarded a free game (forgot to see if any lights were lit). From brown to B-G on other side on no. match adj. jack. Awarded a free game (again, forgot to look at lights). Then jumpered from brown to W-G on the match unit, it burnt the zero trace on the match unit board.
(This is all after the burnt trace): Did multiple tests for all matchs:
90 awarded free game and lit the 90 light
20 awarded a free game and lit the 20 light
10 did not award a free game but lit the 70 light
All others did not award a free game and no lights.
Will fix the trace tonight and see what happens.
Thanks for your help!

#20 3 years ago

Fixed trace. Just to add to complexity (unfortunately), when replacing the plastic wheel on the light side of match unit, it slipped off so lost exact position. Therefore, I have tried all 4 positions and I think it's back where it should be. Is there any way to verify the correct position based on the random match problems I'm having?
More testing (all after trace fixed), pretty much the same as last time. And, getting some random results:
00 – test 1: no free games, no lights; test 2: no free games, no lights;
10 – test 1: no free games, “00” light lit; test 2: no free game, no lights;
20 – test 1: free game, no lights; test 2: free games, no lights
30 - test 1: no free games, “30” light lit; test 2, no free games, no light;
40 – test 1: no free games, no lights; test 2, no free games, “90” light lit;
50 – test 1, free game, no lights; test 2, free games, no lights;
60 -test 1: no free games, no light; test 2: no free games, “01” light lit;
70 – test 1, no free games, no light; test 2: free game, no light;
80 – test 1: no free games, no light; test 2: no free game, no light;
90 – test 1: no free games, “20” light lit; test 2: free games, “20” light lit.
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-liberty-bell-no-match-credit-no-knocker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.