Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jrivelli
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi! I've seen several threads about LED ghosting etc. I have 2 Williams machines, F14, and Getaway. My getaway LEDs worked perfect. F14 has serious ghosting issues.

I used coin taker super brights...

Other than the LED OCD board, is there an easy solution?

Funny thing is, it worked perfectly for about 5 minutes, then all of a sudden all the ghosting appeared. Was super happy, then super disappointed. Thanks for any inputs.

#2 4 years ago

If they supposedly worked perfectly for 5min then didn't I suspect you have a lamp matrix issue.

You could buy some pinballbulbs non ghosting bulbs to test

But really you should provide more info and explore that lamp matrix

#3 4 years ago

I have regular leds in my f14 and no ghosting, you probably have an issue somewhere, which bulbs are ghosting?

#4 4 years ago

All the red arrows, specials, flight insurance, extra ball, bonus x, rescue (kickback), 2000 spinner all are ghosting.

The blue arrow inserts, fly again, KILL, rescue lights, and the 3 inserts (hot streak etc) at the top, all TOMCAT insert lights are fine.

I really have no idea how to trouble shoot the lamp matrix or what would be an issue with it... any help is appreciated.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

explore that lamp matrix

How do I do that?

#6 4 years ago

Get the manual out and open up to the lamp matrix to reference at the same time. Check to see if there is a pattern. Is all one column ghosting or you find all one row is ghosting. Then start checking the basics like making sure the diodes look good and aren't touching anything they shouldn't be

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside