(Topic ID: 38285)

Williams late 80's backbox dimensions

By jibmums

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

complete_v1_copy.png
    P1020521.jpg
    backbox_back_and_side_v1_copy.png
    #1 11 years ago

Could someone please measure the backbox on their Williams BK2K/Funhouse/BOP/Bad Cats/Diner (I believe they're all the same backbox) and post their results? Need the overall height and width, and the depth at both the top and bottom. Thanks guys.

While I'm thinking of it, are the backboxes on STTNG/The Getaway/Terminator2 essentially the same dimensions as the above? I know Williams changed their backboxes a couple of times over the 80s/90s.

#2 11 years ago

BK2K/Bad Cats/Diner are later Sys11 machines with the cabinet side hinges vs the door hinges found on the earlier Sys11s. FH/BOP are WPC AN machines also with the cabinet side hinges.

I'd imagine the wood boxes would be the same as well as some of the basic mounting hardware but certainly the insert boards are different as well as the ground plane to mount the boards, which I don't think is even the same between the Sys11B & 11C machines, nor the WPC ANs and WPC Dot Matrix machines.

Sorry - I don't have any of these to measure for you but here's a free bump!

viperrwk

#3 11 years ago

That's all I need is the basic measurements of the wood box itself. Length of the top & bottom of the side, and the overall height/width of the box. Or boxes, if the two styles in the first post are different.

#4 11 years ago

Here are plans for a Williams wide body cabinet like STTNG:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8239

viperrwk

#5 11 years ago

this might help but based off a 1993 cftbl / wh20

it's metric but divide by 25.4 to get imperial

backbox_back_and_side_v1_copy.pngbackbox_back_and_side_v1_copy.png

#6 11 years ago

Thanks guys, these are a big help.

@swinks: do you have any blueprints for the rest of the CFTBL/WH20 cabinet?

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Thanks guys, these are a big help.
    @swinks: do you have any blueprints for the rest of the CFTBL/WH20 cabinet?

I am slowly working on the whole plans, just had a baby son 3 days ago so slightly busy.

#8 11 years ago

I can imagine. Congrats!

#9 11 years ago

Congratulations!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

just had a baby son 3 days ago so slightly busy.

Congratulations, I hope the Mother and baby are doing great !

LTG : )

#11 11 years ago

thanks guys, both doing well and home now, next pinhead in the making, here he is having a hearing test listening to some pinball tunes

P1020521.jpgP1020521.jpg

#12 11 years ago

here is a cabinet drawn up but not dimensioned, I want to fab one and replace my creech as the check

complete_v1_copy.pngcomplete_v1_copy.png

#13 11 years ago

Swinks, if/when you update your drawing with measurements for the main body, please repost the plans! (when you're not too busy, of course)

#14 11 years ago

started a specific thread for cab dimensions, so mark it as a fav jibmums

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-wms-cabinet-designs-help-needed#post-639874

#15 11 years ago

Saw it, looks great so far. Very comprehensive and terrific work!

#16 11 years ago

Hi -

If you still need specific measurements of a Diner or Black Knight 2000 let me know, I can get them for you tonight. Also have Riverboat Gambler from the same era.

Chris

#17 11 years ago

Sure, I can use them, just in case they aren't the same as the above-mentioned Bally cabinets of the same era. If it wouldn't be too difficult to measure the basics of the main body as well, I could use those too. Didn't initially need them but my project has taken on a life of its own with this influx of info and interest. Thanks Unicorn.

PS - are BK2K/Diner/RG all the same basic cabinet (aside from differing buttons and such)?

PS #2 - would there be any chance of getting some good high-res photos of your Diner cabinet's artwork?

#18 11 years ago

On Diner -

Backbox:
    Width - 28 3/4"

Depth - Top - 9 7/8"
    Depth - bottom - 6 1/2"

Black Knight 2000 and Riverboat Gambler are the same.

Chris

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-late-80s-backbox-dimensions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.