1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mikala
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hi, I have a Laser Ball pin and the "Ball in play" display goes blank as soon as I press the start button. It was working correctly, but just stopped.
    not sure if it is a bad display driver or bad display...or a wiring issue. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks

#2 1 year ago

I would look at your connections first.Check for a loose wire or pin on the connectors on both driver board and mpu output.
    I upgraded all my displays with wolfpac . I highly recommend them.
    It's hard to imagine it's your display or driver since it works before a game is started. Most likely a bad IC
    Pm if you need more help.I have the schematics.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from southofi-10:

I would look at your connections first.Check for a loose wire or pin on the connectors on both driver board and mpu output.
    I upgraded all my displays with wolfpac . I highly recommend them.
    It's hard to imagine it's your display or driver since it works before a game is started. Most likely a bad IC
    Pm if you need more help.I have the schematics.

It is definitely a loose connection somewhere because I started it up yesterday and the display was on, but flickered a while then went out again.
    If you could point me to the schematic that shows where I need to look that would be great. Thanks

#4 1 year ago

Try this--before power up,disconnect display 1,Power up..If no change,reconnect and disconnect display 2.Keep doing that making sure you power down before plugging or unplugging a display. I think you may have a bad display,and this is a good way of finding it.

I recall the same problem with my LB and it was a bad display effecting the ball count/driver board.
    Report back please.....or send PM.I have game and schematic.

#5 1 year ago

You may want to try posting in the Early Solid State forum.

#6 1 year ago

You'll get better replies on one of the Solid State forums. This is Electro Mechanical.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-efficiently-ask-for-pinball-repair-help-em

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from southofi-10:

Try this--before power up,disconnect display 1,Power up..If no change,reconnect and disconnect display 2.Keep doing that making sure you power down before plugging or unplugging a display. I think you may have a bad display,and this is a good way of finding it.
    I recall the same problem with my LB and it was a bad display effecting the ball count/driver board.
    Report back please.....or send PM.I have game and schematic.

I tried that and it didn't work. I reseated all of the connectors on the cpu board and that seemed to work.
    Thanks

#8 1 year ago

You'll get better replies on one of the Solid State forums. This is Electro Mechanical.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-efficiently-ask-for-pinball-repair-help-em

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-laser-ball-ball-in-play-display-goes-blank-when-game-starts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.