New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 282075)

Williams Lady Luck Service

By phil-lee

8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2218 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2219 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2217 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2216 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2209 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2210 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2208 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2137 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2146 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2151 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2199 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2197 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2187 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2185 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2158 (resized).JPG

#1 8 days ago

!968 Williams Lady Luck Project, first inspection. Backless shot but salvageable (more on that later) until a new one is available.
    Obviously taken off line in 1977 (9 years routed and all the original stickers are there. Probably a Carolina thing to leave the stickers, it came from Myrtle Beach. Coin units removed and coin slots blocked.
    Bottom cabinet graphics are good enough to keep, the head another story. I glued up a gap in the upper boards.
    IMG_2136 (resized).JPGIMG_2138 (resized).jpgIMG_2140 (resized).JPGIMG_2145 (resized).JPGIMG_2165 (resized).JPGIMG_2166 (resized).JPGIMG_2170 (resized).JPGIMG_2178 (resized).JPG

#2 8 days ago

Rotten rubber stuck to the playfield, heat? The paint is actually good, faded but intact. Plastics will clean up, so will the Flippers. Rebuild kits from PBR are on their way.
    Front worn and faded, will probably power buff it back "To the best it can be".
    New Ball shooter bezel coming (Didn't find a Williams metal unit).
    No burnt coils need replacing, but the Reset bank coil had a copper insert that was worn to shreds so another one of those is coming along with a used plunger.
    The Funky switch in the ball guide gate is a new one on me. If the Machine Busts and the gate opens it has to reset the "21" Score to zero when the ball is delivered again, this switch registers it.
    Lastly, quickly replaced the Joker kick outs with new Gottlieb seats from..who else? Pinball Resource. The only difference is you have to drill a 1/8 hole to allow the Williams wire seat install.
    Hope the pictures show it.

IMG_2141 (resized).JPGIMG_2142 (resized).JPGIMG_2149 (resized).JPGIMG_2158 (resized).JPGIMG_2185 (resized).JPGIMG_2187 (resized).JPGIMG_2197 (resized).JPGIMG_2199 (resized).JPG
    #3 8 days ago

Yeah, it's a Beater. But with new flippers, pop bumpers and a heavy Shop this thing will play like new.
    Going to "Enhance" the Back Glass with colored Theatre Gels and construction paper (Pics to come no matter how bad)
    The top Corralled Pop Bumper caps is unique to this pin as far as I know and unavailable.

My Goal is to get this Pin playable 100% by Christmas, we have a Family competition (7th year) and Lady Luck will fit right in with my other Low End Pins.

IMG_2137 (resized).JPGIMG_2140 (resized).JPGIMG_2146 (resized).JPGIMG_2151 (resized).JPG
    #4 8 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

!968 Williams Lady Luck Project, first inspection. Backless shot but salvageable (more on that later) until a new one is available.
    Obviously taken off line in 1977 (9 years routed and all the original stickers are there. Probably a Carolina thing to leave the stickers, it came from Myrtle Beach. Coin units removed and coin slots blocked.
    Bottom cabinet graphics are good enough to keep, the head another story. I glued up a gap in the upper boards.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Haha, have the same stickers on my Royal Guard, kind of cool being able to document some of its history. I got the game as a project from a collector in NJ. some 20 years ago.
    Good luck with your project!

#5 6 days ago

Anyone restoring/ shopping an old pin reaches a decision point.
    Clear coat? Cabinet paint?
    This one will be returned to 100% working order.
    I was afraid PBR took the week off for Thanksgiving but the confirmed my order.Good news.
    So I scrubbed all plastics with Dawn in warm water, dried and detailed with Novus 1.
    No cosmetic restoration work, no touchups, no polishing to be performed at this time.
    I want it back together, new Pops, Flipper units, sleeves and cleaning for every coil, new cord.
    It would be sacrilege to repaint a 1968 Telecaster, this is the same kind of thing. Every yellowed plastic,
    paint flaw and nicotine stain tells a story.
    Intend to play it awhile, see if its as good as the Reviews say. Then the total Restore makes sense.

By the way, the Lazy Susan Hardware rotisserie idea came from someone here who I give all the credit to.
    The way he did it is really the cheapest, fastest way to do it yet it works so well! Thanks!

IMG_2208 (resized).jpgIMG_2209 (resized).jpgIMG_2210 (resized).JPG
    #6 2 days ago

IMG_2218 (resized).JPGVid gave some advice and I always take it, paint the areas under the plastics white. This is first coat with Createx flat and a foam brush.IMG_2216 (resized).JPGIMG_2217 (resized).JPGIMG_2219 (resized).JPG

I want to clear coat this thing. The Original graphics are faded. There was NO nicotine on the outside of the cabinet.
    The other option is putting a circular Mylar over the high wear area then waxing.IMG_2218 (resized).JPG

I did touch-up the Rollovers mid-field with new blue paint.
    Best to stick with the original plan, see how it plays and if its a keeper tear it back down, paint the cabinet and clear the playfield

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    PIN-UPS
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Protection
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    $ 159.00
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,599.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside