You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture1 (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Im having a problem with the match unit,once the game starts(first point scored)match unit runs and start/score motor runs non stop.card score is awarded for every 1 point scored,it can be tricked to stop by activating a 1 point score sometimes?

#2 5 years ago

Hi Gorillafingers Welcome to pinside!

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "match unit runs"
If the Score Motor runs endlessly, one of these switches is stuck closed, or its relay is stuck energized.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

Is this what you're talking about? Check the Change relay.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNG
#4 5 years ago

Hi thanks for responding.this is what is happening...the match unit advances one step a time each time 1 is scored,and steps up to next contact , the m/u activates the score motor awards (50 points+card value and operates joker hole eject...whether aball is there or not),and continues to turn score motor and repeat.....until another 1 pt score moves the m/u to the next contact on m/u. Then stops.This repeats on each alternare contact on outer cotact set on m/u.all s/ws are clean and adjd,relays operate in squence ?.i have jury rigged a sw into the m/u relay wire to disable escapment and manually parked contact so s/motor dosnt award the card score etc..at least i can play this m/c..but without this feature.hope this clarifies whats going on,so you have a clearer idea.yours hopefully gorillafingers

1 week later
#6 5 years ago

Sorry for delay had to get my back fixed....after cleaning and adjusting relay no1 and no2.eureka...game played perfectly!!!.,,,,,for 2 and a half games...then fault returned mid game grrrr.i have given VClose attention too this area,cleaning and adj all contacts both tight and more open,to no avail.i noticed delay relay hesitant to pull in(alittle physical help was sometimes needed...changed the coil now ok).but stil at logger heads.im off to get my back massaged again...even with smoke (sic) and mirrors...and strong lights this is not the easiest task.ps ive watched the machine play in the dark and noticed heavy sparking from 10pts relay top stack and am trying to find why so much current?(everything cleaned and adjusted on relay and drum/uns.?).

1 week later
#7 5 years ago

Hi howard-r,ive been v.busy.firstly many thanks must go to you,i have followed your instuctions over the previous weeks.....and EUREKA!.it appears that i have passed my apprenticeship!.my background is in fork lift and auto electrics,which served me well to begin with.but the multi functionality of EM pinball circuits require some working out!.
Having cleaned and adj and checked and rechecked....repeated....so on.
It became clear that there must be a short somewhere.....i eventualy found that the left out lane sw.....shown as a single sw on schematics was in fact 2sw,s the part that awards the card score was shorted by the spring backing plate (assister)(shock absorber).HAPPY TIMES.im now have a m/c that works perfectly....match play ....dealer score ....replay......shoot again...what a joy it is to play...many thanks once again yours gorilla fingers.

#8 5 years ago

Hi Steve,
Glad I could help and best of luck with your back. I had a back flare-up late last week so I know they're no fun.
Howard

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-lady-luck-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.