(Topic ID: 225301)

Williams Jungle Lord Kicker Failure

By rvalkenburg

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So I have a red Jungle Lord in my shop and cant seems to figure out the problem with all 3 kickers.

So to start, all 3 coils fire during diagnostics but will not engage during game play. Now from past experience it would normally be the 7408 IC chips that control the Special Solenoid Switch Input, but I replaced both IC6 & IC7 and no progress. I tested continuity of all 3 switch lead wires back to connector 2J13 on the driver board, no issues there, also reflowed all connectors on the driver board and MPU including the interconnect pins. I also replaced the capacitors on the kicker switches as part of my normal maintenance which I figured all 3 could not be bad but... I have checked all 6 of the kicker switches and they are wired correctly.

So I am stumped, no errors in diag, no open switches and all coils fire. All aspects of the game, lighting, sound/voice, flippers, drop targets, both kick outs, mini playfield and all other roll overs & other targets work 100%, just not the 3 kickers.

I just cant see it being the normal issues as it is not 1 kicker but all 3. I also cant see it being IC5 the Solenoid PIA as they all fire during diagnostics.

Any suggestions would be great at this point.

Ron

#2 5 years ago

Tried grounding the pins on 2j13 directly?

Since these are the only special solenoids it could also be an error elsewhere in the special solenoid circuitry

#3 5 years ago

Funny I had the same thought this morning... I actually tied the ground line (black wire) that feeds the kicker switches to the cabinet ground and the kickers now work fine. So there must be a break somewhere in the ground.

Off to find the ground issue as I never like to have a "hack" to bypass ground.

Thanks for the idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-jungle-lord-kicker-failure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.