(Topic ID: 266988)

williams joust owners - CPR playfield plastics (direct print) available NOW!

By j_m_

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 88 days ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7F1D8978-1D68-4417-812D-2A09B88558A7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4888 (resized).jpg
IMG_4886 (resized).jpg
IMG_4885 (resized).jpg
IMG_4882 (resized).jpg

#1 9 months ago

for those restoring (or scratch-building) a joust, I thought that I'd let you know that CPR should have the playfield plastics sets available for purchase on their website in approximately 3-4 weeks time

I know that kevin enclosed a discount coupon inside along with all of the playfields that were purchased a while back and many of you have been patiently waiting

I received a set of the direct printed aprons to bend on monday and everything was a success. I should be receiving quantity to bend next week and then ship back to him to offer up complete sets.

just like the screen printed sets that jim smith and I offered nearly 6 years ago, each set will include the following:
- (2) aprons (a P1 and P2 side) with the instructions and pricing information pre-printed in the authentic 'Joust' font (no messy decals to age, yellow, rip & tear or fall off)
- (2) end cabinet marquees
- (1) coin door player select piece

- (2) P1 left slings*
- (2) P1 right slings*
- (2) P1 cross overs*
- (2) P2 left slings*
- (2) P2 right slings*
- (2) P2 cross overs*

- (10) joust themed key fobs

* an extra set of all interior playfield plastics are included at no additional cost

the 110° bend in the apron pieces is identical to the original plastics using the same heat bending process that Williams did back in 1982/3, resulting in a smooth radius with no damage to the ink or PETG material
IMG_4882 (resized).jpg
IMG_4885 (resized).jpg

even with a 200w halogen light behind them, the colors remain crisp and vivid without looking washed out
IMG_4886 (resized).jpg
IMG_4888 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2 8 months ago

CPR has sent me the aprons and bending has commenced.

I should have 1/2 (around 20 sets) complete this weekend and will be sending them back so that the sets can be completed with the rest of the plastics and then made available in CPR’s web store

progress as of last night
7F1D8978-1D68-4417-812D-2A09B88558A7 (resized).jpeg

#3 8 months ago

Great news J_M_! Appreciate what you’re doing, looks picture perfect!

#4 8 months ago

2020.05.11 update
I should have ALL of the aprons bent tonight. everything will be boxed up tonight and should be posted back to CPR tuesday

(and yes, apparently I need to get a life because I spent over 25 hours doing this over the past 4 days

#5 8 months ago

Thanks J_M_ Appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.

#6 8 months ago

the aprons were all boxed up and posted back to CPR yesterday via UPS. my guess is that they will have them by next Monday/Tuesday and will be able to offer the plastic sets on their website

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I know that kevin enclosed a discount coupon inside along with all of the playfields that were purchased a while back and many of you have been patiently waiting

please refresh my memory... as it has been a long time in the waiting...

what was the combo/discounted price?
what is the retail price?

any idea what the hell we do now that the slip of paper is likely long gone?

#8 8 months ago

hilton
to be honest, I have no idea. I was just in charge of heat bending the aprons (something that I told kevin that I would do years ago). if I were you, I would contact CPR for the specifics

#9 8 months ago

looks like the [bent] aprons will be back in CPR's hands tomorrow. maybe the plastic sets will go up for sale sooner than I anticipated which is a good thing

edit:
so much for ups expedited service. the website now shows an estimated delivery date of tuesday, may 19th

#10 8 months ago

2020.05.20 update
available now!
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/joust-plastics/

and for those that purchased a playfield, CPR is offering a $70 discount for the next 2 months ($229 vs. the regular price of $299) as a drop down option when you order them

#11 8 months ago

Ordered! Thanks J_M_

#12 8 months ago

no problem. I'm glad that I could assist and help make these happen

5 months later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 13.00
Tools
PinWorlds
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside