• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dgAmpGuy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgAmpGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

MarkG covered it well. I second the idea of the test lamp so that you can watch the flashes. I’ve figured out a couple of problems that way. Since there seems to be timing involved, I wonder if this could be a case of relay “bias”. If the switches are all adjusted so that they pull against the spring, that can make the relay take slightly longer to open up. You want the blades to help the spring, not fight against it. The coil is plenty strong to pull the switches closed when it energizes.

Love this game. I just got a new backglass from BgResto amd I’m looking forward to getting it installed. I suspect our game occasionally does not increment the ball count, but our glass was so badly touched up that it’s hard to tell. It will be interesting to see if I’m fighting the a similar issue to yours.

Good luck,
Dave

#5 3 years ago

I’ve never had a player or ball get skipped. I’ve probably got a stepper or contact that needs attention.

Those steppers always need a thorough cleaning and with so many of those shoes on the player unit, you need to make sure that the contacts are clean and those springs and pins move nicely and haberdashery good tension on the contacts. Having a spare unit to pull parts from is essential.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday

Dave

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgAmpGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-jolly-roger-transient-fault-ball-skipped?tu=dgAmpGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.