Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JR3 (resized).JPG
0Jolly-Roger-playfield-reel-B (resized).JPG
0Jolly-Roger-playfield-reel-A (resized).JPG
JR2 (resized).JPG
JR1 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Hi All. I've been working on bringing this machine back to life over the past few days. It was left for dead in someone's garage and was in pretty bad shape. I've gone over all the switches and cleaned up the scoring reels. I've also taken apart most of the stepper units and cleaned them up as well.

I'm happy to say it's running pretty well mechanically. I've played thru a bunch of 4 player games and everything seems to be working as expected. The main thing I have left is to fix the bonus reel that is in the middle of the play field. Underneath, everything is gone except for the solenoid rod.

Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like when assembled? I found a few pieces floating around in the cabinet, that I think go to the mechanism, so I'm holding them together with my fingers using my best guess. If someone can confirm the coil number, that would be great as well.

JR1 (resized).JPGJR1 (resized).JPGJR2 (resized).JPGJR2 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

Hi shaundburch
my Jolly Roger also has the Coil B-26-800. I have lifted the playfield to stand vertical - picture ...-reel-A: I stand on the righthandside looking to the left side of the pin. picture ...reel-B is the other direction. To me the unit is just an Score-Drum NOT HAVING the stuff "9th-pos-switch, two switches for Zero-position" - see here https://www.ipdb.org/files/1314/Williams_1967_Jolly_Roger_Instruction_Manual_no_schematics.pdf on page-14 (ori-12), top of the picture: The spring, horizontal nylon arm, three switches --- all this is not mounted in my pin as the unit has not to be resetted.
The "End of Stroke Switch" (see ipdb-manual-picture) of course is mounted in my pin. Greetings Rolf

0Jolly-Roger-playfield-reel-A (resized).JPG0Jolly-Roger-playfield-reel-A (resized).JPG0Jolly-Roger-playfield-reel-B (resized).JPG0Jolly-Roger-playfield-reel-B (resized).JPG
#3 5 years ago

I have one I'm going to try and save this summer....wouldn't mind updates.

#4 5 years ago

That is perfect! Thank you so much Rolf! It looks like my guess was close

I see that I am missing the little spacer that holds the coil in place inside the frame. Hopefully I can find that in the bottom of the cabinet. The coil from the schematics seemed like it was too small, but thanks to your picture I get it now.

Really appreciate the help. I'll check back and let you know how it goes.

-Shaun

#5 5 years ago

ebay.com link: 1968 Williams Student Prince Pinball Center Target Assembly reel

This might of help if you are missing parts, or a different view

Jolly Roger came out about 6 months before Student Prince

#6 5 years ago

Up and running! Thanks again for the pics everyone. Great reference and helped quite a bit.

JR3 (resized).JPGJR3 (resized).JPG
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from guard:

I have one I'm going to try and save this summer....wouldn't mind updates.

If you have any specific questions, let me know!

In general it was a situation of zero maintenance over the years. At some point, I could tell a person used grease as a quick fix for some areas that were sticking. This had all turned hard, like wax.

My first issue was the score reels not running out to zero. Lots of them were sticking when trying to get back past 9. I cleaned all of those to make sure it would credit up and reset correctly.

After that, I checked the credit stepper, player stepper, and ball count unit. None of those were working correctly, so I did a tear down and deep cleaning on them. Finally I got the bonus wheel fixed, thanks to the nice folks here.

This morning, I also changed out the bell ringer. The coil had overheated and the pin was frozen solid in the coil sleeve. No fun without some noise!

#8 5 years ago

Thanks....I *think* mine is just 25 years of sitting in a barn after the owners sold the family campground. BG is really bad...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-jolly-roger-1967-playfield-bonus-reel-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.